The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1 Empty[ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1

more_horiz
Hi, all,

This is my first post, so maybe it's in the wrong place or this issue could be answeres on another thread. I've made an AIO iso with several Win 8.1 update 1 versions and I'm wondering about Winreducer functionality: do I have to use Winreducer with every single version to integrate latest updates on my iso or it's enough with any of them (one for all)?

Thanks

description[ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 HELP" FORUM !

Hello and welcome,

If you want to integrate Updates for each editions in your AIO iso, unfortunately you need to do this for as many times as needed (with WinReducer). I don't know if another software could allow this possibility, is it ?

Just keep in mind, that WinReducer is not dedicated for AIO ISO but to reduce size, so you always have the best result with only one edition in your ISO !

description[ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1 EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Integrate updates in AIO 8.1

more_horiz
Yes, you're right. I've noticed that and I've used Winreducer one by one. It increases ISO size only the first and second time you add the updated. Every single update since then only adds about 20-30mg, so the final ISO it's no so big. The only bad thing is that it takes soooo many time (14 versions in one)...

Thank you very much and keep the good work. Winreducer is a great tool.

more_horiz
Was thinking of requesting some way to choose which Edition(s) between 1-30 for automation after the first setup or loading of .WCCF.  Kind of like a fill in the blank or like the On/Off switches in configuration menu.  All mods should be the same across all ISO's.  Although some of the mods are not baked into the .WIM or .SWM file(s) but just part of the ISO aka like the UnAttended stuff.  Not sure about updates.

Would work something like this...

Extract AIO ISO
Choose single or group of Editions to mount one after the next after the next to mod
Mount first ISO chosen for mod
At "Start" we can load a .WCCF file &/or go thru the rest of the settings including what we want the end options to be.
If we are dealing with multiple editions then before doing the end option it will use the WIM option since we will be mounting and unmounting until the last edition gets modded
At the end of the last edition mod then it will implement the final WIM/ISO/USB option one choose to do.

I thought I had modded 2 editions on one ISO but it seems I was wrong.  Will have to test it again.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum