The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns Empty[ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns

more_horiz
Whenever I want to create an ISO,the iso always appears to be UEFI whether I choose "UEFI Compatibility" or not. The same folders are there and on older, non-UEFI computers both iso's so not work. How do I make a truly "old school", non-UEFI bootable stick with Winreducer? Do I have to delete certain folders or move files around or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

description[ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 HELP" FORUM !

Hello,

Maybe you could try to remove "Drivers -Support - Boot - EFI and UEFI" in WinReducer 8.1. Maybe this will solve your trouble ! And, please, let me know ...  Wink

description[ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] UEFI Questions / Concerns

more_horiz
DarkeRetribution wrote:
Whenever I want to create an ISO,the iso always appears to be UEFI whether I choose "UEFI Compatibility" or not. The same folders are there and on older, non-UEFI computers both iso's so not work. How do I make a truly "old school", non-UEFI bootable stick with Winreducer? Do I have to delete certain folders or move files around or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

I am able to use the same reduced ISO on UEFI as well as older non UEFI machines. I mean, if I choose "UEFI compatibility", the resulting ISO can be used on UEFI or non-UEFI machines.

Maybe your issue arises because of how you are using the ISO. Are you putting it onto a USB pendrive? If so, are you using the winreducer tool to do it? Try using Rufus, and be sure to select "MBR partition for non-UEFI machines" when installing on non-UEFI machines.

I'm pretty sure that  UEFI compatible ISOs can be used on non UEFI machines, because I have done that succesfully on quite a few.

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm totally agree with aymanalz, and I just want to add this : I'm using, on Bios startup, the "F8" key (on Asus motherboards) to select the boot device. You will have the choice between identical USB thumb drive except that you have 1 command for uefi and the other 1 for mbr !

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum