The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[PENDING] SECURITY PRESET Empty[PENDING] SECURITY PRESET

more_horiz
Hi again...

Requesting a security preset that will auto edit any M$ prying eyes options and turn them off.

Here is a copy of a post by Mr. X that would be a good start for security/privacy.

Mr. X wrote:

About M$ prying eyes and workaround:

Spoiler: 

Here are the problems:
Code:
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh", _
"Microsoft\Office\Office 15 Subscription Heartbeat", _
"Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentFallBack", _
"Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM", _
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator", _
"Microsoft Office 15 Sync Maintenance for %COMPUTERNAME%-%USERNAME% %COMPUTERNAME%" _

Here is a description for the task "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM":
The Bluetooth CEIP (Customer Experience Improvement Program) task collects Bluetooth related statistics and information about your machine and sends it to Microsoft. The information received is used to help improve the reliability, stability, and overall functionality of Bluetooth in Windows. If the user has not consented to participate in Windows CEIP, this task does not do anything.

Description for "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator":

If the user has consented to participate in the Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, this job collects and sends usage data to Microsoft.

Here is a description for "Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask":
The Kernel CEIP (Customer Experience Improvement Program) task collects additional information about the system and sends this data to Microsoft. If the user has not consented to participate in Windows CEIP, this task does nothing.

All these tasks send information (data) to M$ about the user.
I added a button in the program that disables these tasks. Disables, not deletes!!!

I would also add the DisableEncryptedDiskProvisioning + TCGSecuirtyActivationDisabled + PreventDeviceEncryption to the Security Preset...

Others can list other options to add to a Security Preset below....

Thanks again for the great WinReducer 8.1.  Can't wait to see what else makes the v1.14 cut...

description[PENDING] SECURITY PRESET Emptyget the tweaks....

more_horiz
WinterStorm2050, Should we (Mr. X & I) try to get the tweaks in the quote above to speed up the chances of a base for a Privacy/Security PRESET from Ratiborus ???

description[PENDING] SECURITY PRESET EmptyRe: [PENDING] SECURITY PRESET

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes, no problem, let me know and thank you very much !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Yes, no problem, let me know and thank you very much !

np, Gonna take a few days.  Waiting to get PM rights @ the forum where he can be contacted.  Hopefully he will share the info.  Will let you know once I hear a response.

more_horiz
Now this is only the base for a Privacy/Security Preset.  Others can find/add other tweaks to the Preset.  But at the very least this should be the base for it.  And maybe some of them can be added as stand alone tweaks if they are not already in the options for WinReducer 8.1.

Was finally able to post on the forum & got a very fast & cordial response from Ratiboru.  So all credit goes to him for sharing tweaks from his program to get the Preset started.  Needed to thank Mr. X for showing me where to contact Ratiboru.

Ratiboru wrote:
Hello, 
Of course, you can use this information. I myself found this list somewhere on the network. 's code, VB: Code:[PENDING] SECURITY PRESET Smile_ny

Public TaskList() As String = { _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\KernelCeipTask", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\UsbCeip", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Power Efficiency Diagnostics\AnalyzeSystem", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyMonitor", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Shell\FamilySafetyRefresh", _ 
"Microsoft\Office\Office 15 Subscription Heartbeat", _ 
"Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentFallBack", _ 
"Microsoft\Office\OfficeTelemetryAgentLogOn", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\AitAgent", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\ProgramDataUpdater", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\StartupAppTask", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Autochk\Proxy", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\BthSQM", _ 
"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator", _ 
"Microsoft Office 15 Sync Maintenance for %COMPUTERNAME%-%USERNAME% %COMPUTERNAME%" _ 

' Button Code: 
Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click 
MyAudioClick() 
Dim TEMP As String = Button1.Text 
Button1.Text = ButtonRuns 
Button1.Refresh() 

For i As Integer = 0 To (TaskList.Length - 1) 
Shell(SYSPath & "SCHTASKS /Change /TN """ & TaskList(i) & """ /DISABLE", vbHide, False) 
Next 
Button1.Text = TEMP 
Button1.Refresh() 
End Sub 

Private Sub Button2_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click 
MyAudioClick() 
Dim TEMP As String = Button2.Text 
Button2.Text = ButtonRuns 
Button2.Refresh() 
For i As Integer = 0 To (Form1.TaskList.Length - 1) 
Shell(SYSPath & "SCHTASKS /Change /TN """ & TaskList(i) & """ /ENABLE", vbHide, False) 
Next 

Button2.Text = TEMP 
Button2.Refresh() 

End Sub 

I hope it is exactly what is needed to get the Preset started.  Let me know if it's not.  Will see what other options there are.  bounce  bounce  bounce

more_horiz
Hello,

Excellent ! Brilliant !

cheers 

Y314K you are a king king ... Could you please tell to Ratiboru and Mr. X, that I thank them for their sharing, and I will add them in credits (with you, of course  Wink ) in the credit of this preset !

I prefer removing these tasks, like this they will never be available ! And Office15 can't be deleted before installation, because Office will be installed after installation ...  Wink 

So, the preset will remove, as you requested, those files and use the "Unattended - DisableEncryptedDiskProvisioning + TCGSecuirtyActivationDisabled + PreventDeviceEncryption" !

I just want to find a relevant name for it, do you have any ideas ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Excellent ! Brilliant !

cheers 

Y314K you are a king king ... Could you please tell to Ratiboru and Mr. X, that I thank them for their sharing, and I will add them in credits (with you, of course  Wink ) in the credit of this preset !

I prefer removing these tasks, like this they will never be available ! And Office15 can't be deleted before installation, because Office will be installed after installation ...  Wink 

So, the preset will remove, as you requested, those files and use the "Unattended - DisableEncryptedDiskProvisioning + TCGSecuirtyActivationDisabled + PreventDeviceEncryption" !

I just want to find a relevant name for it, do you have any ideas ?

Already thanked them & gave them a link to this thread in case they want to keep up with the Preset.  Thanks for the Preset credits too.  Very Happy 

I've started to call it "Privacy/Security PRESET" but there might be a better name for it out there.  But I guess this would be a good place holder unless someone comes up with a better option.  It would be also great to include a few of the already included mods on this Preset.

Maybe we can call it Simon&Simon PRESET,  Laughing  

Trying to go thru the WinReducer81.wccf default file to see if any of the options already on there should be part of the Privacy/Security PRESET too...  You might be more familiar with most them...  Thanks a again for fostering this great WinReducer community...

more_horiz
POST UPDATED WITH "PENDING" STATUS !

more_horiz
what about it?

"Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\TelTask", _ 
-> This job collects and sends usage data to Microsoft.

"Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic\DiskDiagnosticDataCollector"._ 
-> The Windows Disk Diagnostic reports general disk and system information to Microsoft for users participating in the Customer Experience Program.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum