The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Feature edit method? Empty[ANSWERED] Feature edit method?

more_horiz
Is the overall method that WinReducer uses for the changes (Specifically DisableEncryptedDiskProvisioning & TCGSecurityActivationDisabled option) autounattended.xml method or is it more of a reg edit @ a time of ISO creation ? or  confused 

WinReducer should work with Murphy78's Windows 8.1 AIO-24in1 releases right ?  Since he uses a normal setup program ?  Any confirmation out there of using WInReducer on Murphy78's AIO's  confused

description[ANSWERED] Feature edit method? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Feature edit method?

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 HELP" FORUM !

Hello,

1) All settings available in the WinReducer "Unattended" tab are exclusively integrated in the "autounattend.xml file" !

2) And all "Tweaks" are integrated in the windows registry !

3) I never use Murphy's ISO (?), it should work (BUT WinReducer is limited to 20 different editions in a single ISO) !

Regards.

description[ANSWERED] Feature edit method? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Feature edit method?

more_horiz
Hi...

Good to know about 1) & 2)  I do wonder if WinReducer 8.1 warns you if you "double tweak".  Or I guess I am asking how likely are we to "double tweak".  By choosing a setting on the "Unattended" tab & choosing the same change in the windows registry if possible.  Are there any warnings letting us know which tweaks are being chosen twice just in a different way?  I would still like the option of "double tweaking" but would like a warning letting me know the exact two "double tweaks" in case I missed it...  Not sure if this is something I need to add to requests...

On 3) I was wondering if the limit can be expanded to 24 different editions on a single ISO) since it seems it is the new standard for the most used multi-edition ISO out there...  Not sure if Murphy's78 could already be compatible with WinReducer although it is a 24in1.  I can post a link to the latest x86 and x64 version if u like or I can PM u the links since they are torrent's..  Let me know which way do you prefer...

Murphy78 .nfo wrote:

64-bit RTM Sources:
en_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_4065090.iso
en_windows_8.1_n_with_update_x64_dvd_4065114.iso
en_windows_8.1_professional_vl_with_update_x64_dvd_4065194.iso
en_windows_8.1_professional_n_vl_with_update_x64_dvd_4065208.iso
en_windows_8.1_enterprise_with_update_x64_dvd_4065178.iso
en_windows_8.1_enterprise_n_with_update_x64_dvd_4065163.iso
en_windows_embedded_8.1_industry_pro_with_update_x64_dvd_4065122.iso
en_windows_embedded_8.1_industry_enterprise_with_update_x64_dvd_4065141.iso
9600.17050.winblue_refresh.140317-1640_x64fre_client_coresinglelanguage_en-us-ir3_csla_x64frer_en-us_esd.esd

These RTM Sources are the final Build 9600.17031

Installation Indexes:
Windows 8.1 (Core) / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 (Core) N / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 (Core) Single Language / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Pro / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Pro N / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Pro VL / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Pro N VL / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Pro WMC / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Enterprise / KMS-Activated
Windows 8.1 Enterprise N / KMS-Activated
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro / KMS-Activated
Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Enterprise / KMS-Activated

It seems it's really only 12 versions of 8.1 + the optional KMS Activated option making them 24...  Maybe you can take a look at it to see how those ISO's interact with WinReducer 8.1 @ every level...

One thing that Murphy78 did mention is that if we use an "Unattended.xml" then the "ei.cfg" file must be deleted off the ISO.  Not to familiar with "Unattended.xlm" vs. "ei.cfg" differences but wonder if WinReducer would auto look for the "ei.cfg" file to get rid of it or maybe before deleting it it can copy any thing it might need from it.  To make sure there are no conflicts.

Thanks again for your great work & assistance with WinReducer...  Can't wait for v1.12 .  Need to make a VM to be able to start testing away myself..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum