The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore Empty[SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore

more_horiz
Some WinReducer versions ago I was able to include updates and VC++ runtimes. Now, my installed application list is just empty (I don't know if DirecX isn't installed as well).
Win8.1 Core N.

description[SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore EmptyRe: [SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore

more_horiz
Hello,

Did you use the "WinReducer Post Installation" tool ?

description[SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore EmptyRe: [SOLVED] v1.10 is not including VC++ anymore

more_horiz
No... Doesn't WinReducer include VC++ just by downloading it and tell where it's been downloaded?

EDIT: VC++ is downloaded from WinReducer Updates Downloader.

more_horiz
Nope, this is not possible. In that case you need to use a tool to integrate automatically the VC++ after the windows installation.

WinReducer 8.1 provide you 2 ways to do this :
- "$OEM$" folder method
- "WinReducer Post Installation" (this is the easiest method)

You could find them in the "System" tab !  Very Happy 

more_horiz
Is it the same as for updates like the ones classified "critical"?

more_horiz
If you want to integrate Windows Updates, you need to choose (in the system tab) the correct folder path where you download all updates in the Updates field.

So, you could do like this :
- Use the "Updates Downloader" tool to download all necessary updates
- Then, in WinReducer "System" tab choose the correct folder path (it will be choosen automatically by default, so open the folder window choice and hit OK to display the correct folder path in the Updates field)
- And "Apply" your changes

Regards.

more_horiz
OK, that's what I've done. Because of this, I've assumed VC++ would have also been installed as well (being collected as "update"). I'll include all these runtimes in a post-installation script, then. Thank you!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum