The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionCant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1 EmptyCant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1

more_horiz
Hello I wonder if anyone can help me.

I have used Winreducer v1.05 to integrate all updates to April and then remove the following...

MetroUI - all except control panel/store/java/visual c

Windows Media Centre

Languages/keyboard - all except Uk English.

Skydrive (from network)

Disable hybernate & pagefile (tweaks)

Optimize wim remove uneeded versions.

After installing the iso I now have a bug that if I create a new folder anywhere on my hdd, I cannot rename it.
I get an error to try again, then it tells me the path is invalid.

I can drag and drop and move folders around fine though.

Any ideas??

I have found various reg files online claiming to fix this, but none work....and I didnt expect them to as I havent tweaked any folder settings anyway.

descriptionCant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1 EmptyRe: Cant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1

more_horiz
I have the same issue as well, with v1.05. Even if I create a new folder, I cannot assign it a name I want to.

descriptionCant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1 EmptyRe: Cant rename folders after Winreducer 8.1

more_horiz
Ahhh ok.

Did you remove anything ?

more_horiz
slickric21 wrote:
Ahhh ok.

Did you remove anything ?

Well I removed a lot of things, but I have been removing them in previous versions as well, without having this issue. Removed all metro apps except 'immersive control panel', removed all languages and keyboards, removed almost all the drivers.

I had integrated update 1, which is the only new thing I did with this version (which I did not with previous versions).

@winter : This is a deal breaking issue, obviously. I can provide the wccf file, if necessary.

more_horiz
Well I removed MetroUI apps and languages aswell.

Could be those things maybe.

Just fyi I just used Wintoolkit to integrate the rest of the updates needed to the pre integrated update 1 iso, then used it to remove MetroUI and all the other stuff......works perfect Wink

more_horiz
I have this problem too when renaming: "The file or folder does not exist."

I have tried to disable and remove Library folders:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d676eae2-bad9-44e4-a2ea-3dd5a81d675d/kb2911106-regression-bug-cannot-rename-any-folders-in-windows-explorer-after-kb2911106-patch?forum=w8itprogeneral

and tried to re-regiter main folder infos in regedit:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130137-cannot-rename-move-file-folder-vista-fix.html

None of mentioned solutions didn't worked for me.

Here are (maybe) some useful infos about reg system folders and more:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762584%28VS.85%29.aspx
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum