The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver? Empty[ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver?

more_horiz
Hi,

I've used the Desktop profile from this forum to create a Windows 8.1 Enterprise (X86) .iso. It boots correctly but there isn't any network connectivity (I've installed it as a Hyper-V guest system under Windows Server 2012 R2) because of the missing driver for the virtual ethernet card.

Trying to install it by using the integration services "dvd" fails because of an error message of the installer.

Which package must be preserved to retain the necessary driver?
Hyper-V?

Tia,
Highend

description[ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver?

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

In the Desktop profile, provided by spidernz, all neccessary Hyper-V drivers and "Network - Ethernet - Virtual" have been removed.

You need to untick all boxes for Hyper-V drivers and "Network - Ethernet - Virtual" (untick = they will not been removed). This is only necessary if you want to use your ISO in an Hyper-V virtual machine.

But, if you plan to use your customized ISO in your physical computer you don't need all of them (hyper-v and virtual network drivers), but just don't forget to untick the driver for your Ethernet network card and all other drivers needed for your motherboard's hardware or peripherals. That's all.

Best Regards.

winterstorm2050.

description[ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Hyper-V network driver?

more_horiz
Thanks a lot winterstorm2050, I'll try that Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum