The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSize of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM EmptySize of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM

more_horiz
Hi!

I am here new, but as a moder (or likely customzation Razz), I have some experience (I think Wink).

I have moded Vista SP2 (but noobish), 7 SP1 (it was good but with one, two fails), and now I want to mod 8.1.

I see this great tool - Winreducer 8.1 - thanks for it Very Happy.

But I have a couple of questions:

- Firstly: I have clean/delete a great amout of bloatware with Winreducer but the size don't go down spectalcular - just only from 3,1GB install.wim to 2,8GB install.wim

which is sad because I remove a dozen of usless things.

- Second - Does it rebuild WIM with maximum compression ?

- Third - I removed Natural Language for example and it didn't clean all files - why ?

My WCCF file http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/56964622/file.html

- Fourth - maybe it's stupid - but to remove things you must tick the check box yes? - Because now I think that maybe in thsi program is diffrent, because I ticked some many boxes and size don't go down so much :/.

I have cleaned myself image with imagex and it only took out 200mb in WIM - to 2,58GB. And I think that I deleted really good amount, clean WINSXS folder with useless content...

Thanks in advance.

descriptionSize of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM EmptyRe: Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM

more_horiz
Hello and welcome,

1) As you know, your ISO size will depend on every components you remove, so you could try to remove "Natural languages" and "input method editor" or even "Windows Recovery Environment". In a future WinReducer build I will add an information size for each components.

2) Yes

3) It could happen. I will update all components, in the future, with a new and better removing process. In your wccf file, you didn't remove natural languages ...

4) Yes, in remover tab if you tick a box the according component will be remove

Don't worry, for the moment I'm working on WinReducer 7.0 - v3.00 and as soon as it will be finished, I will update WinReducer 8.1 (few weeks maybe) ...  Very Happy

descriptionSize of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM EmptyRe: Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM

more_horiz
Sorry. I mean Speech component - it doesn't delete all DLLs to it, so I must delete it in WIM image.
I don't delete Windows RE ?? Hm I must check it out  Laughing .
You should see this, I don't know maybe I do something wrong. I do it on Win 8.1, but screens are from my second system - Win 7
My mod
Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM ItrmB87
And the size of the WIM
Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM HMCGKko
Other mod with the almost the same size
Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM BvaQQ5a
And the size of the WIM of this other mod
Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM CWHj5c9

I think that these to should be almost the same, but they aren't... Why ?

more_horiz
Hi Admin and @muf18.

I'm also having similar issues regarding increasing size of ISO image.

I downloaded ISO via Media Tool Creation but that ISO wasn't compatible with win reducer so i used Win reducer Wim Converter tool to convert it to make compatible to Win reducer.
So original ISO was 2.53 GB and Wim Converter Converted it into 4.93 GB.

Now issue is when i'm using win reducer and adding updates and removing some drivers and languages still ISO which is created is more than 6 GB while updates are nearly 1 GB....

How can i reduce size as In torrent sites i can download integrated windows x64+x86 for 6.21 GB but have issue with downloaded Windows that they some times hang too much...

If i use optimize ISO image it deletes setup.exe from ISO Image.

Please Admin Resolve my issue.

more_horiz
dbzdivik wrote:
Hi Admin and @muf18.

I'm also having similar issues regarding increasing size of ISO image.

I downloaded ISO via Media Tool Creation but that ISO wasn't compatible with win reducer so i used Win reducer Wim Converter tool to convert it to make compatible to Win reducer.
So original ISO was 2.53 GB and Wim Converter Converted it into 4.93 GB.

Now issue is when i'm using win reducer and adding updates and removing some drivers and languages still ISO which is created is more than 6 GB while updates are nearly 1 GB....

How can i reduce size as In torrent sites i can download integrated windows x64+x86 for 6.21 GB but have issue with downloaded Windows that they some times hang too much...

If i use optimize ISO image it deletes setup.exe from ISO Image.

Please Admin Resolve my issue.

It would help if you share your WCCF. BTW, the numbers seem normal if you haven't removed much. Your ISO was almost 5 GB, your updates are 1 GB, so your final ISO is 6 GB, that seems to make sense doesn't it? Don't forget to recompress the ISO to esd format using the same tool you used to decompress is. That will bring down the size by about a significant amount.

Also, since you are integrating updates, make sure to select both the options for cleaning and compressing "winsxs". The option with "resetbase" will significantly reduce space in your case, because otherwise the ISO retains both the updated and non updated versions of files.

What does your ISO contain? How many (and which) editions? If you need only one particular edition, you could remove the others. Also, as stated above by Winter, "natural languages" and "Input method editor" are two of the biggest space hogs. Also speech.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:

It would help if you share your WCCF. BTW, the numbers seem normal if you haven't removed much. Your ISO was almost 5 GB, your updates are 1 GB, so your final ISO is 6 GB, that seems to make sense doesn't it? Don't forget to recompress the ISO to esd format using the same tool you used to decompress is. That will bring down the size by about a significant amount.

Also, since you are integrating updates, make sure to select both the options for cleaning and compressing "winsxs". The option with "resetbase" will significantly reduce space in your case, because otherwise the ISO retains both the updated and non updated versions of files.

What does your ISO contain? How many (and which) editions? If you need only one particular edition, you could remove the others. Also, as stated above by Winter, "natural languages" and "Input method editor" are two of the biggest space hogs. Also speech.

Thanks for Reply @aymanalz

Your right that if ISO is 5 GB and updates are 1 GB then resulting ISO will be 6 GB. But my issue is how to reduce size of iso as i'm deleting drivers and trying to make ISO. Also I use "winreducerwimconverter" to reduce but it took whole day but didn't completed also if i'm using winreducer iso compression it deletes setup.exe
Any other tool to compress ISO size ?

more_horiz
hi,

if you want to keep the setup.exe and all funktions of that dont use this option at winreducer

like already mentionied here:

https://forum.winreducer.net/t1377-answered-keep-manual-install-of-windows

more_horiz
Hello,

Have you tried to use "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

Have you tried to use "Optimizations - ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" ?

Size of Install.wim and rebuilding WIM Direct

more_horiz
dbzdivik wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

hi this option is at -> Remove  -> Optimizations

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
dbzdivik wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

hi this option is at -> Remove  -> Optimizations

Thanks,

I used iso Windows delete unneeded edition and and iso windows unneeded files also can i used windows - unneeded files cleanup

more_horiz
dbzdivik wrote:
aymanalz wrote:

Your right that if ISO is 5 GB and updates are 1 GB then resulting ISO will be 6 GB. But my issue is how to reduce size of iso as i'm deleting drivers and trying to make ISO. Also I use "winreducerwimconverter" to reduce but it took whole day but didn't completed also if i'm using winreducer iso compression it deletes setup.exe

That's why I am asking you to share your wccf file, so we know what you have removed and not removed. Have you removed speech, natural language and input method editor? Cleaned Winsxs and compressed it? Unless we know what you have removed, we cannot tell you why you are not getting enough size reduction. Please upload your wccf file (it should be in the "home\presets\lastused" folder, if you did not manually save it. Upload it to wikisend.com or tinyupload.com or dropbox etc, and give us the link.

For compressing to esd, it's not winreducer that makes the process slow, it really is a very slow process. You could try using ntlite or wintoolkit, or simply enter the dism command yourself in command prompt, but my guess is that the result would be the same.

It shouldn't take a day though, on a fairly new system. If you have a fast processor and an SSD, it should take less than an hour. BTW, if the process did not complete, make sure you have a pagefile enabled on your computer.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:
dbzdivik wrote:
aymanalz wrote:

That's why I am asking you to share your wccf file, so we know what you have removed and not removed. Have you removed speech, natural language and input method editor? Cleaned Winsxs and compressed it? Unless we know what you have removed, we cannot tell you why you are not getting enough size reduction. Please upload your wccf file (it should be in the "home\presets\lastused" folder, if you did not manually save it. Upload it to wikisend.com or tinyupload.com or dropbox etc, and give us the link.

For compressing to esd, it's not winreducer that makes the process slow, it really is a very slow process. You could try using ntlite or wintoolkit, or simply enter the dism command yourself in command prompt, but my guess is that the result would be the same.

It shouldn't take a day though, on a fairly new system. If you have a fast processor and an SSD, it should take less than an hour. BTW, if the process did not complete, make sure you have a pagefile enabled on your computer.

Hmmmm here it is :- http://dropcanvas.com/s7jrx

more_horiz
dbzdivik wrote:
Hmmmm here it is :- http://dropcanvas.com/s7jrx

As I expected, you have removed very little. All you have removed are a few drivers. You cannot expect to get a size reduction by that alone.

I don't know what your needs are, but I think it is safe to assume that you don't need most fonts, for example. (Chinese, Arabic, Korean, Cherokee, several Indian ones...surely you won't need all of them?)

Besides, as I pointed out earlier, you have not removed "Input method editor", "natural languages" and "speech". Do you really need those? If not, you can save a ton of space.

Which program do you use to view multimedia? If, like most people do, you install VLC or Potplayer or any such 3rd party program for video, you can delete every single thing under "multimedia". Those programs come with built in codecs, usually better than the ones in MS Windows.

There is plenty of reduction that can be done, depending on what you are going to use the OS for.

more_horiz
aymanalz wrote:

As I expected, you have removed very little. All you have removed are a few drivers. You cannot expect to get a size reduction by that alone.

I don't know what your needs are, but I think it is safe to assume that you don't need most fonts, for example. (Chinese, Arabic, Korean, Cherokee, several Indian ones...surely you won't need all of them?)

Besides, as I pointed out earlier, you have not removed "Input method editor", "natural languages" and "speech". Do you really need those? If not, you can save a ton of space.

Which program do you use to view multimedia? If, like most people do, you install VLC or Potplayer or any such 3rd party program for video, you can delete every single thing under "multimedia". Those programs come with built in codecs, usually better than the ones in MS Windows.

There is plenty of reduction that can be done, depending on what you are going to use the OS for.

Basically i'm having issue with optimization also this iso was created with just updates and removed drivers..
can you post a screen for optimization checks..

And Thanks for Help..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum