The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist Empty[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist

more_horiz
Hi guys,

I tryied to save my ISO and i choose folder who is not exsit.

Why is the software cant get that, and create by self the folder? Becouse i just wait i 20 minutes to get nothing!

Thanks,
Rami

description[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist

more_horiz
Why don't you create the folder yourself, dude...? xd

description[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist

more_horiz
Yes, i was do it eventually. But the software must do it herself, because if not, you just wait 20min for nothing.

more_horiz
quote from a prof of my university:

if a tool offers an option, and a user tries it and it does not work how he wants it, it is a bug

Razz

but maybe it should be a "request".

- Let winreducer check if the path exists
- if not create it
?

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
quote from a prof of my university:
if a tool offers an option, and a user tries it and it does not work how he wants it, it is a bug

?

I've missed this, so I would like to ask a bug from whom : user or software ?

lol!

more_horiz
it seems to be a winreducer bug. i tested it, i remoed 1 file and at this screen 

[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist L33hrewf

i entered an not existig folder (not through the button to select, just changed it at the textbox)

winreducer tries to created an iso and after  while i get this error:

[SOLVED] Cant save ISO to folder that does not exist Lhxit2gm

more_horiz
Yes, I'm on it and it will be solved in next build ... Wink

more_horiz
so there would be 2 solutions.

1. let winreducer check is a folder exist and if not create it

or

2. block the textbox so users cant enter anything (but it could be that rami7250 meant somewhere else)

more_horiz
I've integrated the solution to check if the directory exists and create it in case it don't exist !

more_horiz
Stay tune I'm preparing a WinReducer 7.0 testing build (Live Debug Session folder) if you want to try ?

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Stay tune I'm preparing a WinReducer 7.0 testing build (Live Debug Session folder) if you want to try ?

sure i will Wink

but i cant check all solved bugs, because i.e i dont get the ghost entries

more_horiz
The testing build is available ... Wink

more_horiz
ok it worked well.

no problems anymore Wink

more_horiz
OK, thank you ... Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum