The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1 EmptyWinsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1

more_horiz
I did not remove winsat, but winsat does not work in my reduced windows 8.1. I get the error message that "winasf.dll is missing". I had selected "keep important files", removed "DVD playback" and "indeo5 codec", and also removed "Windows media player" and "Windows media center".

Edit: Actually the error is "wmasf.dll is missing", not "winasf.dll".

descriptionWinsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1 EmptyRe: Winsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1

more_horiz
Did you try to "find" this file in a full install of windows 8.1 and then copy that to the same place in the reduced version?
This is just to test if that resolves the issue. Then winter can add that file to the list of files to be kept for winsat.

descriptionWinsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1 EmptyRe: Winsat doesn't work in reduced 8.1

more_horiz
^^
I did not see this response by TheKramer earlier. I had tried downloading that file from the internet and placed it in the required folder, but it did not work - I got the same error that the file was not found. However, I am not sure whether the file I downloaded was the right version, it is possible that it belonged to win 7 or 8 or a 32 bit version.

I cannot test for a few days, as I don't have access to any of my systems.

But I read Winter say in another thread that an issue with wmasf.dll will be resolved in the next version - hopefully that will make winsat work as well?

more_horiz
I just made a reduced ISO with the latest v1.05 version. This time I don't get the error that wmasf.dll cannot be found, but I still can't run winsat. It ends with the message that wma could not be encoded.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum