The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED]Bit locker removal Empty[ANSWERED]Bit locker removal

more_horiz
Be nice to be able to remove this.

description[ANSWERED]Bit locker removal EmptyRe: [ANSWERED]Bit locker removal

more_horiz
Now possible to remove "BitLocker Drive Encryption Service"

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "WINREDUCER 8.1 HELP" FORUM !

more_horiz
I had meant to ask, whether removing bitlocker affects functionality - and if so, of what?

1) Does it affect NTFS compression? I mean, would I still be able to compress files and folders?

2) Does it affect the system backup and restore functionality?

3) Does it affect anything else, other than the ability to encrypt the drive? (I don't need to do that, so I was wondering if I can remove bitlocker without any issue.)

In short, is it safe to remove Question

more_horiz
Hello,

1) Normally no. Compression and Encryption are different patgs
2) Sorry, but I don't know
3) Normally there are not troubles removing bitlocker, I always do ... Except for some particular needs like for example : "Unattended - Prevent Device Encryption" =
WinReducer 8.1 Help Tips wrote:
Use this setting to prevent device encryption from automatically encrypting the operating system drive and any fixed data drive using BitLocker ... TIPS : This setting is only available if you don't remove ''Services - Bitlocker Service'', otherwise it will be automatically disabled to prevent installation errors

4) You could try to create a new ISO, without bitlocker, and test it in a virtual machine. Like this, you could try a backup/restore or other functionalities you may need ... Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum