WinReducer.net Project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WinReducer.net ProjectLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd Empty[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
i have downloaded win 8.1 iso with win 8 key when winreducer8.1 extract the then it gives the error "you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd"

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "HELP" FORUM !

Your ISO is not compatible with WinReducer because it's not a complete ISO, just an update (=upgrade) for your installed operating system. And because esd files are not supported !

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
hi can u tell me how to download proper iso i lov win 8.1 1 but i have win 8 key plz m newbiw am a commercial user so i used lot of usb and sd cards in single day so sd cards n usbs corupt/slow down my win so i want to integrate my drivers n softwres in iso

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
i´m sure there was somewhere a tutorial in this forum how to convert an upgrade dvd (install.esd) to an normal dvd (install.wim) which WinReducer supports.

but i cant find it, so heres an tutorial how to do that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1868563/convert-windows-install-esd-file-install-wim-windows.html

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
i´m sure there was somewhere a tutorial in this forum how to convert an upgrade dvd (install.esd) to an normal dvd (install.wim) which WinReducer supports.

but i cant find it, so heres an tutorial how to do that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1868563/convert-windows-install-esd-file-install-wim-windows.html

thnx for ur reply after convert to install.win after that can i activate it with win 8 key ? sorry for stupid question

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
zesh_ii wrote:

thnx for ur reply after convert to install.win after that can i activate it with win 8 key ? sorry for stupid question


i think it should work:

http://www.neowin.net/news/need-to-activate-windows-81-use-your-windows-8-key

but i dont know for sure maybe someone else know

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
i one more thing if i download win 8.1 iso if it has all the latest updates included/integrated.?

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
TOPIC MOVED TO "HELP" FORUM !

Your ISO is not compatible with WinReducer because it's not a complete ISO, just an update (=upgrade) for your installed operating system. And because esd files are not supported !

so is there have any other option are tool are tweak to handle this install.esd.?

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
No, it's not possible to configure such files ... At least for the moment, but maybe in the future !

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, it's not possible to configure such files ... At least for the moment, but maybe in the future !

Thnx n thnx n thnx alot sir..

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
KrX wrote:
i´m sure there was somewhere a tutorial in this forum how to convert an upgrade dvd (install.esd) to an normal dvd (install.wim) which WinReducer supports.

but i cant find it, so heres an tutorial how to do that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1868563/convert-windows-install-esd-file-install-wim-windows.html

Maybe you should have looked in the Tutorials forum :-)
I wrote 2 guides on how to do this. If you want to do this just for your own PC, then this is the easiest option.
Its what I do for all my installs. the benefit of this is that you can update Windows to the very latest version, install all your favourite software, and capture to a new install.wim and reduce it, and install to your main machine with everything pre-configured...

There is a problem with pre-installing antivirus programs, but other than that, everything should work perfectly.

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
KrX wrote:
i´m sure there was somewhere a tutorial in this forum how to convert an upgrade dvd (install.esd) to an normal dvd (install.wim) which WinReducer supports.

but i cant find it, so heres an tutorial how to do that:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1868563/convert-windows-install-esd-file-install-wim-windows.html

Maybe you should have looked in the Tutorials forum :-)
I wrote 2 guides on how to do this. If you want to do this just for your own PC, then this is the easiest option.
Its what I do for all my installs. the benefit of this is that you can update Windows to the very latest version, install all your favourite software, and capture to a new install.wim and reduce it, and install to your main machine with everything pre-configured...

There is a problem with pre-installing antivirus programs, but other than that, everything should work perfectly.

hi can u tell me whats the reason .i have custommize win7 with rt lite i integrate jst drivers n in service tab i just select tweaked and iso when i want to burn it on usb with rufus error arise " when using uefi target type,only efi bootable iso images are supported"  sory i knw its not rt seven are win 7 forum but i posted to related sites but no one reply .

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, it's not possible to configure such files ... At least for the moment, but maybe in the future !

hi can u tell me whats the reason .i have custommize win7 with rt lite i integrate jst drivers n in service tab i just select tweaked and iso when i want to burn it on usb with rufus error arise " when using uefi target type,only efi bootable iso images are supported"  sory i knw its not rt seven are win 7 forum but i posted to related sites but no one reply .

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
zesh_ii wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, it's not possible to configure such files ... At least for the moment, but maybe in the future !

hi can u tell me whats the reason .i have custommize win7 with rt lite i integrate jst drivers n in service tab i just select tweaked and iso when i want to burn it on usb with rufus error arise " when using uefi target type,only efi bootable iso images are supported"  sory i knw its not rt seven are win 7 forum but i posted to related sites but no one reply .

The reason you get that error is that Microsoft created an install.esd file for Windows8+ for those who bought the upgrade DVD.
In Windows Vista/7 they always provided an install.wim.
Starting with Windows 8, for the upgrade DVD ONLY, Microsoft put in a file called install.esd instead of install.wim.

install.esd is a compressed file that nobody, as yet, has found how to decompress.

So, to be able to use Winreducer on the upgrade DVD, you need to install to a VM and then use my guide to capture the VM once you are finished with configuring the installation.

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
zesh_ii wrote:
winterstorm2050 wrote:
No, it's not possible to configure such files ... At least for the moment, but maybe in the future !

hi can u tell me whats the reason .i have custommize win7 with rt lite i integrate jst drivers n in service tab i just select tweaked and iso when i want to burn it on usb with rufus error arise " when using uefi target type,only efi bootable iso images are supported"  sory i knw its not rt seven are win 7 forum but i posted to related sites but no one reply .

The reason you get that error is that Microsoft created an install.esd file for Windows8+ for those who bought the upgrade DVD.
In Windows Vista/7 they always provided an install.wim.
Starting with Windows 8, for the upgrade DVD ONLY, Microsoft put in a file called install.esd instead of install.wim.

install.esd is a compressed file that nobody, as yet, has found how to decompress.

So, to be able to use Winreducer on the upgrade DVD, you need to install to a VM and then use my guide to capture the VM once you are finished with configuring the installation.

Sorry 4 again distrb sir.. i have win 8 pro retail key but i like win8.1 but if i download win8.1 iso from upgrade asssitant then inside the iso intall.esd.soo if i download win8.1 dvd iso from torrent inside install.wim its safe to use it. Is there have any perforamce isue between do2nloaded dvd iso from  torrent vs downloaded from win8.1 upgrade assistant

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
Sorry 4 again distrb sir.. i have win 8 pro retail key but i like win8.1 but if i download win8.1 iso from upgrade asssitant then inside the iso intall.esd.soo if i download win8.1 dvd iso from torrent inside install.wim its safe to use it. Is there have any perforamce isue between do2nloaded dvd iso from  torrent vs downloaded from win8.1 upgrade assistant

description[ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported  windows upgrade dvd EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] you are trying to use unsupported windows upgrade dvd

more_horiz
Hello,

Please, take care about the forum rules v3.0 (LINK) because you reached a "Do not cross" limit ...

Nobody here will answer you about this, so if you want an answer about this, I really encourage you to search other resources on Internet.

Thank you so much for your understanding !

 Very Happy 

privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum