The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error  Empty[SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error

more_horiz
I'm using Windows 8.1 to create a customized Win 8.1 iso.  I'm able to choose all my options in Winreducer.  Once I hit finalize, the app goes through all the items and then crashes the whole system once it reaches the finalization process.  I get a BSOD saying that there was an issue with a Bad Pool Header.  This has happened to me multiple times over the last 3 days that I've been trying to create a custom install.  Any advice?

description[SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error

more_horiz
Hello,

I just did a little digging on Google and I found these links : (using "bad pool header windows 8.1" search criteria)

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-system/win-8-error-bad-pool-header/79300d64-e282-4f53-9d3d-a0be3fc9425b

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/3b35eb63-6c54-424f-ab74-4fb75e8d1560/bad-pool-caller-bad-pool-header-error-messages-after-upgrade-to-windows-81?forum=w8itprogeneral

WinReducer use only its own installed folder to perform all tasks, so it don't touch at your installed Operating System files.

Hope this will help you. Have a good day.

description[SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error  EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Bad Pool Header error

more_horiz
I tried cleaning out the Winreducer folder and re-installing all the dependent apps, and I think I found the issue.  I was using some x64 versions of the apps instead of all x86 versions.  Switching to x86 eliminated all issues and system crashes.  This thread can be marked as solved.  Thanks!

more_horiz
That's excellent news, and thank you for the information !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum