The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found Empty[SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found

more_horiz
Winreducer 8.01 - v1.01

1.) If I install only the keyboard German (Switzerland), I have German (Germany) and German (Switzerland) in Windows. German (German) is not removed!
2.) Turn off Password Expiration in AutoUnattend not working.
3.) The following Tweak also does not work --> <Element Category="Tweaks" Name="Taskbar-Remove Language Bar" Selected="OK"
4.) SkyDrive App is not removed despite Selection

5.) In addition, I have a little problem I can not fix. Unfortunately, it is the Setup program from
     "Visual Studio Express 2013 Desktop Version" does not start with my WinReducer configuration.

I keep trying to figure out why the Setup Utility can not start!  What a Face  What a Face

I wanted the "winreducer.xml" Post. Unfortunately, the message came "Text too long"

Greeting Dideli

description[SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found

more_horiz
Hello,

1. Because if your ISO is in German, then WinReducer automatically keeps the associated keyboard to avoid troubles
2. Work for me
3. It seems to work for me, but I will have a look
4. I will have a look
5. Did you remove "COM+ Event System Service" ? I mentioned it in the according help tip.

Thanks.  Very Happy

description[SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Perhaps new Bugs found

more_horiz
I only have these services disabled:

<Element Category="Services" Name="Family Safety Service" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="Fax Service" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="HomeGroup Listener and Provider Services" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="Optimize Drives Service" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="Smart Card Services" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="Superfetch Service" Selected="true" Value="4" />
<Element Category="Services" Name="Windows Firewall Service" Selected="true" Value="4" />

more_horiz
I have all of these removed ... Did you use "Optimizations - EXPERT" ?

more_horiz
Setup of Visual Studio 2013 is definitely not to. With everything else, I have no problems!
I am now testing step by step on what this setup progam kills! If I find it I will notify you.

If I could send you the WCCF file would be good. Unfortunately, the forum does not accept much text. Or do you have another option?

I have done the following:

<Element Category="Presets" Name="Automatic Removing Process" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Important Files" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect ModernUI Apps" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect MS Office" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Sysprep" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect VirtualBox" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect VMware Player and Workstation" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Activation GUI" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Presets" Name="Protect Windows Search" Selected="OK" />

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="OK" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Folder Compression" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup" Selected="false" />

more_horiz
dideli wrote:
Setup of Visual Studio 2013 is definitely not to. With everything else, I have no problems!
I am now testing step by step on what this setup progam kills! If I find it I will notify you.

If I could send you the WCCF file would be good. Unfortunately, the forum does not accept much text. Or do you have another option?

you could upload your wccf file here :

http://zippyshare.com/

and post or pm the link

more_horiz
So first I want to thank you for your work times and everything her so doing. I hope that I can help you with the information so that you can eliminate the remaining errors.

Below you'll find the link to the configuration file that I have stored on my webserver.

Could it be that it is a problem if you changed the temp path? The run with me namely to %HOMEDRIVE%\Temp

I hope that you shall find the error quickly  Laughing 

Greeting Dideli

http://meteo.rsfly.ch/winreducer81.wccf

more_horiz
I think I found the problem. It is actually the problem of the temporary directories namely the "Local Temporary Folder" and the "Windows Temporary Folder". The setup progam can unpack as I do not see it there. This means that you should under no circumstances change the directories. Or you would have to look exactly why that behaves that way.

Man I'm glad book now, I know that last. So I can now get on with my project. But it would be good if you could resolve this problem denoch. I wish you a nice evening.  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Greetings Dideli

more_horiz
I can confirm that the skydrive removal doesn't work.

more_horiz
Hello,

I've made some digging and it seems that it's too deeply integrated into windows, especially in Modern UI Control Panel. So it's really hard to remove without breaking important things for many people.
The "Skydrive" removal actually removes all files for the desktop but I'm not able to remove it for modern ui (yet !)

Best Regards.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum