The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.  Empty[ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.

more_horiz
First of all many thanks to Winterstorm for his job and the people that contribute for this project.
I have tested various configurations with winreducer's options,and finally i have found whitch i need for me
My Windows 8.1 ISO after the reductions of about 330 components is 1,97GB.
When i try to install the SO, the final dimension (without programs obviously) became about 14,5 GB! (the same dimension of windows 8.1 full installation, i suppose).
I list belowe the optimizations that i choose:

<Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Clean Boot Wim" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Boot - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Delete Unneeded Editions" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="ISO - Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - Unneeded Files Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Backup Folder Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="Windows - WinSXS Folder Compression" Selected="false" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - Net Framework Cleanup" Selected="true" />
    <Element Category="Optimizations" Name="EXPERT - WinSXS Cleanup" Selected="true" />

Anyone notice the same fact?

description[ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.

more_horiz
Hello,

Windows size also depends on Hibernation and Paging files size !

If you have enough RAM (2gb for 32bits or 4Gb for 64bits) you could try to use :
- "Tweaks - System - Disable Hibernation"
- "Tweaks - System - Disable Paging File"

This will save many space on hard drive or ssd ... Wink

description[ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] ISO dimension and final installation.

more_horiz
I disable paging file always. I have 8GB on x64.
I set my hibernation file to 50%: 
Execute this command as admin in cmd prompt (Win key + X and run Command Prompt as Admin): 

powercfg -h -size 50

Also, Im pretty sure the size of the hibernation file is defined initially as the same value as the quantity of RAM in the system..

Thats why I set it to 50% as I never really use more than that other than occasionally..
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum