The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Regedit Empty[ANSWERED] Regedit

more_horiz
hi
I have previously used nlite and rt7. Thank you for Winreducer.
I have an odd problem. Regedit.exe will not work on my reduced install.
I am dual booting the full installation with the reduced one.
Regedit will run on the reduced installation if I run it from the full installation windows folder , but not from the reduced windows folder or anywhere else.
Anyone know what could be causing this before I have to start over? Thanks.

oops sorry, should have been in helpĀ Embarassed

description[ANSWERED] Regedit EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Regedit

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "HELP" FORUM !

more_horiz
hi

how do you wanrt to start it? via Win + R --> regedit ?

did you look into the windows folder C:\Windows if you have got the regedit.exe ? (if you have got an x64 system also in C:\Windows\SysWOW64)

more_horiz
Thanks for the reply. Regedit.exe exists in both C:\windows and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but won't start from either or from the run box. As mentioned it will run from the full installation windows folder on the reduced installation. This makes me think that something is missing from the reduced windows folder that is present in the windows folder on the full installation.

more_horiz
Did you tried with latest v0.99.6 ?

more_horiz
Isys wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Regedit.exe exists in both C:\windows and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but won't start from either or from the run box. As mentioned it will run from the full installation windows folder on the reduced installation. This makes me think that something is missing from the reduced windows folder that is present in the windows folder on the full installation.

Do a search for Regedit in both full and reduced windows installations and see what's missing.
On my Windows 7 work machine, I get 23 results if I search for Regedit

more_horiz
Thanks for the suggestions. I was using 0.99.3, have now downloaded 0.99.6. Unfortunately I don't have much time to test at the moment
but will let you know if problems are solved. ( Net 3.5 won't install and some programs crash) I see on the changelog some possible reasons for this
so will bear those in mind. You can close this thread for now if you wish. thanks again.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum