The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb Empty[ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb

more_horiz
Hi, I feel really dumb, but I'm unable to create a usb. When I open winreducer and click on start-tools, I get the USB option, but if I create a bootable usb, it creates an empty disk.

However if I START by mounting an iso or folder ... then I dont have an option to create a usb when I click on finish. It just gives me the option to create a new iso or winxs. Do let me know what I'm missing. thank you Smile

description[ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb

more_horiz
Create an ISO, then use the program 'rufus' to create a bootable usb with the ISO you just created.

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

description[ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] unable to figure out how to create usb

more_horiz
I used the windows 7 usb/dvd tool, but it ignored the unattended settings :/. Besides I wonder if I'm missing something. thanks for the answer though Smile

more_horiz
Hello,

1. In fact, the WinReducer USB Tool just prepare your Thumb drive.
2 .So it's up to you to copy/paste the content from the folder in which you extract and reduce your Windows 8.1  ISO, If you use WinReducer to extract your iso, in this case you need to copy/paste "all the content" in the folder " "WinReducer81\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer" from WinReducer 8.1 (example : boot and sources folders, with all other folders and files...)
3. Then, your Usb thumb drive is ready to boot.

I will implement this option (copy the folders and files from your reduced ISO in the future, but for the moment you need to add all by hand ...

Laughing

more_horiz
aha thank you for explaining it Smile

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED TO "HELP" FORUM !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum