The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionRemove Windows PE  EmptyRemove Windows PE

more_horiz
Winreducer 8 at the boot tab has the option for removing windows PE what does that actually do give a verbose boot without a GUI ?

descriptionRemove Windows PE  EmptyRe: Remove Windows PE

more_horiz
bohemian wrote:
Winreducer 8 at the boot tab has the option for removing windows PE what does that actually do give a verbose boot without a GUI ?

Windows PE=Windows Preinstallation Environment. If you don't know what the hell that means, then remove it. It will shrink your boot.wim file.
(Right?)

more_horiz
billybully wrote:
bohemian wrote:

Windows PE=Windows Preinstallation Environment. If you don't know what the hell that means, then remove it. It will shrink your boot.wim file.
(Right?)

Actually, if you don't know what Windows PE is, you should better not remove it.

Do some search and try this option but don't do anything without knowing the consequences.

more_horiz
666dsa666 wrote:
billybully wrote:
bohemian wrote:

(Right?)

Actually, if you don't know what Windows PE is, you should better not remove it.

Do some search and try this option but don't do anything without knowing the consequences.

Sorry. My bad. I meant to say: Remove it if you don't use it. You should probably know what it is if you use it, so, if you don't know what it is, remove it.

more_horiz
Maybe this kind of information should appear in WinReducer.

Or Maybe a Readme.

more_horiz
Yes, you're right guys !
Are you interesting to create a list of tips for components that I could add in WinReducer ?
Because I don't have enough time to do it ... Let me know guys ..

more_horiz
I could maybe try to do a list, and maybe a french translation if interested Wink

more_horiz
I know what windows pe is. I just don't know what it does in windows 8? What does it affect actually? Does this mean you can't make WindowsToGo USB drives with enterprise? Does this affect the functioning of Windows?

Thanks

more_horiz
666dsa666 wrote:
I could maybe try to do a list, and maybe a french translation if interested Wink

@Winter,
I could help for the French translation too if you want.
Regarding the tips, can you make a list of the features which do not contain any?

more_horiz
You could find them in the winreducer8.wccf file so all blank tips for most components need to be added... Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum