The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

[ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer

+5
losefrag
spidernz
theKramer
winterstorm2050
gurfjkler
9 posters

description[ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer Empty[ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer

more_horiz
Hello All,

I start using WR 8.1 to reduce my Windows 8.1 N pro retail. The installation from WR ISO went fine while on first boot I got following error - 

Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/127933805/Error1.png

On pressing OK on this screen system reboot. 

All following book shows me following error unexpected error and prompt me to re-install windows.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/127933805/Error2.png

I wonder what might cause this issue. Any help will be really appreciated.

description[ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer

more_horiz
Hello and Welcome,

It's an Unattended error :
. check your serial number according to your Windows Edition
. Or try to recreate your ISO without unattended.xml file (just delete the file), using ISO tools = no need to mount, just use in the launcher the icon "HOME" and choose "Tools". To be sure it works.

And please let me know ... Very Happy

description[ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Error : Windows could not install the accepted licence terms onto the computer

more_horiz
I believe the problem is something else hence the reason I didn't mention this in my first post. 

I created my first ISO with unattended with Eula and Serial number filled in; got exact same problem.

And followed I created next ISO with no unattended.xml;with manually accepted the Eula and filled the serial number, the problem persist.

Hope it help to narrow the issue.

more_horiz
Which version of virtualbox are you using ? do you have the latest ?

more_horiz
I'm using VirtualBox 4.2.16 r86992 having said I just tried to install it on a physical machine which fails exactly the same way.

Thanks

more_horiz
Did you try to install without any autounattend.xml file?
Just to make sure that it is an issue with that?

more_horiz
No I don't have this file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/127933805/SS01.png

more_horiz
Trying various configurations for last 2 days, all stops at the same place.

I'm working with followings ISOs - 

en-gb_windows_8_1_pro_vl_x86_dvd_2791645
en-gb_windows_8_1_n_x86_dvd_2707897

Think I had enough testing it, will wait unless someone post a working configuration.

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED IN BUGS FORUM !

Take care about if you use a laptop, there is a possibility it uses a MAK (embeded in the bios) serial number.

more_horiz
Having the same issue on a desktop pc, using one config i can get it to install fine then after some changes it i get the error, it seems to be a certain item, i'll try narrow it down.

Its not the unattanded causing it, seems to be a component removal or service

more_horiz
spidernz wrote:
Having the same issue on a desktop pc, using one config i can get it to install fine then after some changes it i get the error, it seems to be a certain item, i'll try narrow it down.

Its not the unattanded causing it, seems to be a component removal or service

I tried with only removing the language files and it fails for me.

more_horiz
Hey guys,

You could try :

1. Do you have a "ei.cfg" file in the sources folder of your windows 8.1 iso ? Because if it's the case you don't need to enter a serial number using winreducer ... If you use both, it's known to cause an error during installation

2. Maybe your computer or laptop use a MAK serial key (embedded directly in your computer bios), so no need to enter your serial in winreducer ...

Very Happy

more_horiz
I was receiving the same error, but after some attempts I solved letting the default path in System Folders (is blank) and I don't know if was because that but I checked the option Hide Boot Image Selection in Unattended.

Sorry for not being more precise, I didn't had time to try the options individually.

more_horiz
I am having the exact same problem. Here is what I´ve nailed about this "bug?" already:

- Attended or Unattended install, makes no difference
- Removed ei.cfg from the ISO, makes no difference
- Settings default system temp folder to "blank", makes no difference
- Tried on 2 different PCs, a Laptop (old one) and a Desktop PC (current), makes no difference

The ISO release I am using is a Windows 8.1 Pro x64 (happens with the x86 of it too though) with Update 3 + updates integrated until February (not by me but downloaded it on the internet). The release itself installs fine without using Winreducer on it, no problem with that strange license bug.

I´ve uploaded my PRESET file if someone wants to investigate. I guess it has to do with something I´ve removed, but what is it is the big question?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/d3tgru

Thanks for any help....

more_horiz
Any help please? Really need to get those installations done, but no way with Winreducer, still getting the license error.

more_horiz
Couple of things to try...

1.  Once you've run Winreducer, replace the boot.wim with the original boot.wim to see if the problem is with boot.wim.
2.  Check that the license files exist.  @gurfjkler  is using a en-GB iso, so he should make sure en-GB files exist.    The location of the license files are C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses.
Check that all the files exist that are in an original DVD, and if not, inject them back in after Winreducer and see if that solves the problem.  You could also try and put them back in just before Winreducer saves to the .wim file/creates an ISO.

Here are a list of files that I think should be there

en-GB

Code:

C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\_Default
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\OEM
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\Volume
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\OEM\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\OEM\Professional\license.rtf
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\Volume\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\Volume\Professional\license.rtf
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\_Default\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-GB\Licenses\_Default\Professional\license.rtf

en-US

Code:

C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\_Default
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\OEM
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\Volume
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\OEM\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\OEM\Professional\license.rtf
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\Volume\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\Volume\Professional\license.rtf
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\_Default\Professional
C:\Windows\System32\en-US\Licenses\_Default\Professional\license.rtf

more_horiz
Thanks for the help, but it was nothing of that. The problem that now made at least this message disappear was that I selected to remove "United States" under "Remove - Languages". If not removing "United States", the license error is gone. So Winreducer might want to remove the ability to remove "United States" there as it seems needed for Windows to correctly install the License or whatever that is.

The error I am now having is "windows could not configure one or more system components. to install windows restart the computer". But I suspect that has to do with something else now (many people mention it´s .NET related). So let´s see. I will report back.

more_horiz
Hello and welcome dabugen,

Thank you very much for your excellent report ! Smile

I see in your wccf, that you removed "Modern UI Apps - Immersive CPL", could you please do another attempt without removing this component, and at the same time activate "Presets - Protect Windows Activation GUI" (that you don't use by the way), then let me know ... thanks in advance !

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm2050,

thanks for your reply and the effort you put into Winreducer. However, I´ve tried your both ideas exactly like that and am back on getting the license error, although I´ve left in the US language this time, just did the 2 things additionally you´ve mentioned.

I am giving up on Winreducer, it´s simply not working and I am tired, it´s the 3rd day and 30th attempt now to get a working installation via Winreducer, it just doesn´t work.

Anyhow, good success for the future, but I am installing Windows 8.1 Pro X64 now as is.

more_horiz
Just in case it´s of any help to you to narrow down the problem, here is the setupact.log that I´ve copied from after the installation failing:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/b57hta

2015-03-14 04:06:20, Info                  IBS    Callback_License_InstallAcceptedEula: Found EULA contents on blackboard; installing on target system.
2015-03-14 04:06:20, Error      [0x06053a] IBS    Callback_License_InstallAcceptedEula: Failed to install EULA onto target system; hr = 0x8007010b[gle=0x0000010b]
2015-03-14 04:06:20, Error      [0x060615] IBS    Callback_License_InstallAcceptedEula: An error occurred while installing the accepted EULA; hr = 0x8007010b[gle=0x0000010b]
2015-03-14 04:06:20, Info       [0x0640ae] IBSLIB PublishMessage: Publishing message [Die akzeptierten Lizenzbedingungen konnten nicht auf dem Computer installiert werden.]
2015-03-14 04:07:24, Info                  CBS    Trusted Installer is shutting down because: SHUTDOWN_REASON_AUTOSTOP
2015-03-14 04:07:24, Info                  CBS    Ending the TrustedInstaller main loop.
2015-03-14 04:07:24, Info                  CBS    Starting TrustedInstaller finalization.
2015-03-14 04:07:24, Info                  CBS    Ending TrustedInstaller finalization.

It unfortunately doesn´t say which file or directory it wants to install the EULA to on the target system. What I found is that error 0x8007010b = "THE DIRECTORY NAME IS INVALID". Though since it doesn´t say which directory it´s trying to open and which then fails, I have no idea where to look.

more_horiz
I´ve just looked up setupact.log files on the internet and this is what supposed to happen at this step normally:

2012-08-28 13:51:08, Info                  IBS    Callback_License_InstallAcceptedEula: Found EULA contents on blackboard; installing on target system.
2012-08-28 13:51:08, Info                         [setup.exe] Successfully copied EULA contents to license file [%windir%\system32\license.rtf]
2012-08-28 13:51:08, Info                         [setup.exe] Successfully copied EULA contents to license file [%windir%\syswow64\license.rtf]

The funny thing is, there IS a license.rtf in system32 and syswow64, the content seems also right. So the installer copied something but yet it doesn´t seem to be what it wanted to do. Really brings me out of ideas...

more_horiz
Hello,

Good news, if I could say ... I've reproduced the bug with your wccf !

Testing is in progress ... I will let you know as soon as I find something ... Smile

more_horiz
Great, really eager to see what it is!

more_horiz
Hey dabugen,

So, this is what I've done :
- tried your wccf with my Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ISO ==> the bug happened !
- tried your wccf with my Windows 8.1 Pro x64 ISO (without changing all "System - Temporary Folders") ==> no bug

So, my question is before Windows installation have you created all folders ? Because this is a Windows limitation for system temporary folders : they are not automatically created during Windows installation .... but in the other hand all "Users Folders" are automatically created by Windows if you change them with WinReducer ... Wink

I will release a new build tomorrow with many interesting additions and I will propose a fix for this bug : it will automatically create all system temporary folders in case they won't exist (only for C:\ system drive - for all other partitions or drives you need to create manually the folders) to avoid this installation trouble !

So, if you could create an entire new customized ISO tomorrow after the v1.5.4.0 build release and let me know, this will be wonderful !

Thanks in advance ... Smile

more_horiz
Ah OK, very interesting. No, I didn´t create them, but in my latest preset I did leave them at default (blank) and still got the error though:(

more_horiz
Have you created a new ISO or used the same ?

more_horiz
Created a new one of course since the previous ISO was already edit. I am always starting from the "fresh" ISO again.

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
I will release a new build tomorrow with many interesting additions and I will propose a fix for this bug : it will automatically create all system temporary folders in case they won't exist (only for C:\ system drive - for all other partitions or drives you need to create manually the folders) to avoid this installation trouble !

so wouldnt it be good if someone choose a path at i.e "d:\" to show a messagebox which reminds the user to create the folder to prevent them from thinking its a bug ?

also they wouldnt need to look why they cant install windows

more_horiz
Hello,

That will be a great idea ... and I just want to wait to validate if the fix helps for this bug ... Wink

more_horiz
I can only say this: I was tired of the problems yesterday and finally needed to get the system installed. Spent about 18 hours yesterday to configure this and so I´ve purchased NTLite Home as well and have done the same reductions with it.

With that everything worked fine. So, just to test, I´ve loaded the already reduced ISO by NTLite again into Winreducer and just added some things from the "Tweaks" section to it, not removing further components. Still the ISO gets about 300mb smaller again then and installs fine, but as soon as I try to install the first windows updates, it won´t boot anymore and says an update failed to install and afterwards shows ntoskrnl.exe is missing as it couldn´t roll back the update.

Also with the reduced version by NTLite I get about 60 updates shown (all of them installed fine btw) after install while when again putting it through Winreducer with the added things from the "Tweaks" section, I only get 18 updates listed and half of them fail, with one failing so heavy, like I said above, that the PC gets crushed completely.

I still think you´ve done great work there and maybe it´s just a special situation for me, but NTLite got it right out of the box even though I´ve removed SO many things and the installation left is just 1,6GB Smile

Please don´t get me wrong, I am not saying your product is not good, just reporting what happened for me and since I needed to get this done, had purchased NTLite.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum