The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSuggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file EmptySuggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file

more_horiz
hey

this way should be faster removing files from install.wim

here a link for more info:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc766147%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

hope its will be helpful

thx for the great work

btw when saving present file will be available?

descriptionSuggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file EmptyRe: Suggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file

more_horiz
Winter, what are your thoughts about this?

descriptionSuggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file EmptyRe: Suggestion: remove files from image through excluding files with config file

more_horiz
Hey,

Yes, this will be implemented in the future, but I need to find a different way to do this ... Wink Because WinReducer cleans files/folders before creating the wim files, so I need to protect them ... Don't worry it will be available but not in the final version which will come really soon ... Very Happy

more_horiz
hey again Smile

maybe mount the wim
changing/removing the regs ofc
creating the wimscript.ini
and then capture the mounted wim with wimscript would be better ?
then discard the original wim

and I'm also using for my lite version the old WimFilter of vista
its give full access and can be remove fast via "whereisit"
but its not working on windows 8 [BSOD]

sorry but i didnt get the need to protect the files ?

more_horiz
Proz wrote:
Lets say we have component A and B.
Component A needs a file in component B, but you dont want component B. By protecting that file, we remove the unnecessary files in A and leave the file that is needed from B.

more_horiz
theKramer wrote:
Proz wrote:
Lets say we have component A and B.
Component A needs a file in component B, but you dont want component B. By protecting that file, we remove the unnecessary files in A and leave the file that is needed from B.
use

Code:

[ExclusionException]
to skip those files that need protection

edit:

http://www.speedyshare.com/MQx9A/Wimscript.zip

more info: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170498-liting-win81-with-config-file/

more_horiz
TOPIC MOVED IN REQUESTS FORUM !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum