The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWIn11 Setup Media driver missing EmptyWIn11 Setup Media driver missing

more_horiz
Hello,

I've customized a Windows 11 iso with WinReducer Ex110. I tried to remove Windows Update, Defender, telemetry, Xbox and some printer drivers.
I extract/copy the files to a stick with the latest Rufus version in Windows 10.
But when the setup starts any driver is missing.
WIn11 Setup Media driver missing AKGpihZFnvgxCTSK9V1WPj15BKT1Hn_-TON1jXDliMCYzuVJEF3pPCGKI-1nj2xq3CyaMLeMryO5DRYDEp2J2OUGFVDVOMbU0eH2MPQ=w1919-h963-rw-v1
I've checked already the original iso, and the setup started properly with the choice of the language configuration.
here I've uploaded my Winreducer presets wccf: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone have any idea where I cut off too much. I would guess only because of the missing Windows Updater.
Or the other way to solve it, what kind of driver is missing? the usb is already read the setup from.

descriptionWIn11 Setup Media driver missing EmptyRe: WIn11 Setup Media driver missing

more_horiz
Try with set this option to "false":

Code:

<Element Category="Presets" Name="Automatic Removing Process (Optimize ISO Size)" Selected="true" />

descriptionWIn11 Setup Media driver missing EmptyRe: WIn11 Setup Media driver missing

more_horiz
Hello AndiFeind Smile

A similar issue (with Rufus) is already in my ToDo list Wink

Could you please check this forum discussion if it applies to your trouble and let us know the result :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The solution is described in the same discussion here :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you very much for reporting this issue Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] : you are faster than me Wink

more_horiz
Thank you, I've tried the mentioned configurations and finally not used Rufus. I've activated the stick with diskpart and extracted the iso with WinRar. And the setup starts 🥳.
The deactivated optimizations have only influence of the filesize within the iso? So finally the same files will be installed/copied from the setup?

actually until some months ago, when I prepared a Linux-Stick I used always diskpart, but the machine didn't recognize the stick to boot from it. I solved the problem by using Rufus.
This time I've thought I stay with Rufus and ran straight into the next trouble 😅
^^ always on the wrong side 😆

more_horiz
The "automatic removal process" makes optimizations that have nothing to do with your settings. Winterstorm knows exactly which ones. That's why I never use this option, because I don't know exactly what will happen.

more_horiz
Hello,
unfortunately the Win setup fails after 5%.
Any Idea, which component I should not remove?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum