The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ? EmptyWinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ?

more_horiz
Hi. i was trying to use winreducer-ex and first thing noticed as for a program that can be bought is that is not signed with a valid certificate.
Why ?

I never use programs that are not sign with a valid digital certificate.
And since winreducer is a buy product i don't understand why the author is not using a valid bought digital signature.
ntlite is digital sign where winreducer it is not.

using digital sign valid certificate is making me be confident and best of use for it's users.

descriptionWinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ? EmptyRe: WinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ?

more_horiz
Hello and welcome benst,

Thank you very much for asking your question in the forum.

Since the beginning of the WinReducer Project, in 2012, this is not really a problem to do not have a digital certificate if you download all WinReducer Software executable from the only trusted and official website : WinReducer Website

I'm developing my software and the new ones (WinReducer Dev-Core, WinReducerOS and WinReducer Series) with the same philosophy since the beginning : 100% certified without integrated junks (ads, malware, ..) because my only goal is my passion to search, find, test and propose customization options for the Windows Operating Systems. And always keep in mind, that all options, integrated in the WinReducer Software, came from researches made by me or the users who shared ideas, requests or bugs reports ... and thanks to all these users, 11 years later, the WinReducer Project is still standing ... and also still evolving !

So, my point is :  it's more and more difficult for an independent software developer to create software without having a digital certificate due to malicious persons who are seeking to scam honest software users ... and I really, really, do not like this side of the human kind ! So, yes I'm working on adding a digital certificate to my new software and I will propose this in few months (probably in the beginning 2024).

descriptionWinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ? EmptyRe: WinReducer executable is not digital sign with a valid certificate why ?

more_horiz
Unfortunate using today a software without being signed with a valid digital certificate is not an option.
Security for it's users must be the 1'st and top priority..words are just words today, security is above all words, no matter how good the words they are.

Upon some inspection i noticed that even the website itself uses FREE 90 days certificate ssl by let's encrypt, that must be renewed every 90 days and the domain is again FREE weebly (clubtorcal).

So like i said unfortunate, when WinReducer-EX will be signed with a valid digital signature i will give it a try. So you said 2024 so i will try it in 2024.
I am sorry but i can't use software no matter how good they look or promise things and buy that software on a website that uses FREE 90 DAYS SSL certificates for a FREE weebly domain, and more i will never ever buy it.

I do however use free open source software, where i can check the code. But like i said FREE domain + FREE 90 DAYS SLL certificates is a NO for me.

Thanks for quick answering.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum