The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key?? Empty[ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key??

more_horiz
Hi all.
I havent gotten around to testing this yet, but was wondering if anyone had tried to install Windows 8.1 RTM with their key from Windows 8 and if the installation accepted it?

(If you try to download the ISO of 8.1 directly, it wont accept the Win 8 serial to downloadWin 8.1, but you can use a workaround to fool the upgrade tool do download 8.1. See "METHOD 3: From Microsoft's Official Windows 8.1 Download Page" located here)

description[ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key?? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key??

more_horiz
Hi,

I installied the 8.1x64 iso, used the generic key to install, entered "slui 3" in the commandline ( without the "" ) and entered my key.
Worked fine for me.

caphp

description[ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key?? EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] Installing Wind 8.1 RTM ISO with Win 8 key??

more_horiz
Where did you get the generic key?
Also, how did you enter the slui command?

more_horiz
I'm not sure if you are jokeing...
If not, then here are two links, and if you would try google, you will have several thousands links like these two:
http://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/70-windows-8-direct-download-links
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chdos.htm

more_horiz
Nope, wasnt joking Smile 
I wasnt sure where you entered the command. I was wondering that it might be during the installation, as you did not explicitly specify at what stage you ran the "slui 3" command Smile 

Thx for the links Smile

more_horiz
The slui command is used afer the w8.1 installation is done.
You can enter the command after you login for the first time.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum