The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWindows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021 EmptyWindows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021

more_horiz
Hello everyone,

we are very proud to announce the second bug hunting session for Windows 10!!!

This time we will be hunting for a whole week starting from Monday 22th of November till Sunday the 28th!!! Smile

As always we would be happy if as many people join us during some time of this week and give us their feedback on possible problems but as well on things that work gread already and might only need some tweaking.

In general we would like you to first read trough the announcement of Winterstorm2050 a while ago ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) so you can see the things he is planning and do not need to double post topics!

And here are the steps if you want to participate:

1.) Download only official ISOs (e.g. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) for the following Windows Version (as they will be the last ones officially supported by Windows): 20H1, 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, 1809 LTSC and 21H2 LTSC

2.) Download and use only the latest WinReducerEX100 version 3.0.5.0 All ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

3.) Check if your system is not affected by any of most common problems ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) and start your bug hunting! Smile

4.) Please check in the bug section ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ), help section ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) or the request section ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) wheter your problem or request is already present! Feel free to add your infromation to an already present topic. It would be also very helpfull if you can check through your old topics, if they still persist!!!

5.) If you find a new bug then post it in the dedicated forum => Windows version + build number (e.g. 21H2 build 19044.1320), Bit Architecture (e.g. x86/x64), OS Language, Upload your configuration

6.) As this is a community project you should try to find or at least narrow down the problem a bit yourself first!!! E.g. try your configuration by only checking two tabs in the remover section (Drivers/Modern UI...) to see if the problem still presists. If yes then the problem might be in these two sections => so the next step would be to find out which tab is causing it and then which component. If not then the problem has to be in one of the other sections. Ideally you can narrow the problem down to only one component e.g. Tweak abc is causing problem xy.

7.) We try our best but still we are only people with work, family and a normal life => so please be patient! Also we cannot guarantee to fix every problem. It is also high likely that some of your posts will be checked and fixed some days or weeks later after the session. This is why it is so important that all of you narrow down the problems as close as possible, so we can find the cause in a shorter time.

8.) Cool In the end everything relies on Winterstorm2050 and if he can manage to integrate the solutions in one of the next WinReducerEX100 versions - SO GIVE HIM A BIG BIG THANKS!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

9.) If you do not want to hunt bugs, but still want to help us you can also check through the language files and maybe update them accordingly!

10.) I know it should be obvious, but please do not troll the forum or be unpolite!!!

See you around soon and happy hunting,
Markus

descriptionWindows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021 EmptyRe: Windows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021

more_horiz
Good morning everybody,

today starts the bug hunting week for WinReducerEX100. If you happen to have a found a new bug, please feel free to post a topic (guidelines provided above) in the bug hunting forum (please not particular in this thread) and we will try to reproduce it and hopefully find a solution!

We would also strongly encourage you to take your time and try to nail the problem down to as close as possible please! Smile

Happy hunting,
Markus

descriptionWindows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021 EmptyRe: Windows 10 - Bug Hunting Session 2021

more_horiz
hello,

still happening:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Howto Fix: 

as soon as i checked all my reported bugs, im gonna start testing which file/registry vales are creating the problems

Solved:

more_horiz
KrX wrote:

Hello KrX Smile

This is the last one from your list, I added to review it in the next version. Thanks !

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

The EX-100 "Bug Hunting Session 2021" is now closed ... and the new "EX-100 - v3.1.0.0 [ALL]" is about to be released (or already did) with a long list of new components, new improvements and new fix, especially bugs fix !

I would like to especially thanks KrX and Markus for their wonderful work ... for the time they spent to review all posts ... and for all tests they did and for the researches on finding solutions for the various problems !

I also thanks all users who reported the bugs and all users of the WinReducer Software !

Enjoy the new "EX-100 - v3.1.0.0 [ALL] [Bug Hunting Edition 2021" !

cheers

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm and KrX,

I really want to thank both of you for ALL THE GREAT WORK during the last couple of days!!! Altough I know that some fixes took hours and days to solve and it was a very stressful time, I believe it was worth every bit and ALL USERS OUT THERE SHOULD REALLY BE HAPPY AND THANKFUL!!! It is actually overwhelming how much you found, fixed and implemented and it was a real pleasure for me to work alongside you guys!!!

YOU CAN REALLY BE PROUD!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum