The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery Empty[EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery

more_horiz
I am unable to playback any streaming audio (Tidal, Spotify, although YouTube still works fine) on Firefox after my install. However, Chrome is fine. So it must be specific to the browser. Does Chrome just automatically install any required codecs I'm missing? Obviously I've removed too much but I kept all the likely candidates (FLAC, mp3 encoders and so on) and no change. If it were something in Network or Services you'd expect the same behaviour in both browsers, so I'm at a total loss. Any suggestions would be helpful!

description[EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery EmptyRe: [EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery

more_horiz
Hi,

Not sure about this, but are Spotify, Tidal etc not DRM protected? If it is the desktop apps that are not working it could be that you removed Remover > Multimedia > Playready.

From my experience Firefox has an option to enable a plugin that will allow you to play DRM protected content. Steps to take:
- In the address bar type: about:preferences
- The general tab should be selected by default, if not, go to it.
- Scroll down to 'Digital Rights Management (DRM) Content'
- Enable the checkbox for 'Play DRM-controlled content'

After this the Widevine plugin will be enabled, and you should be able to stream everything.

The Widevine plugin was created by Google and is therefor enabled by default in Chrome, not in Firefox however.

Hope this helps.

description[EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery EmptyRe: [EX-100 v2.9.9.0] [Build 19042.631] Audio Streaming Mystery

more_horiz
Thanks for taking the time to suggest a fix. But my problems have only become worse. I'm on Chrome, and now not only am I unable to play Spotify etc but also any kind of video content (YouTube etc). I don't know what's going on, I am just on my normal (unmodified) Win 10.

more_horiz
Hi,

I managed to replicate your first issue, will be working on it today to find out what causes it.

Do you receive any error message when you try to play media? Most of it seems to be online.
To narrow down the new issue, download VLC media player and try to play a local file.

Edit:
Not removing the decoder codecs under Multimedia solved the issue of no audio in Firefox except for youtube.
Which decoder exactly is needed i can not say, since i have not removed any for now. (My best guess is AAC) They do not take up much space.

The encoders can safely be removed. Installing a codec pack like K-lite after removal of the decoders will not solve the issue.

more_horiz
Somehow Adobe Flash got installed on my machine, I only noticed by accident as I was going through some folders. I have no idea how that happened but removing it seems to have solved the problem of not being able to play videos online. Nothing to do with codecs apparently since nothing else has changed.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum