The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates Empty[EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates

more_horiz
Windows reserves memory for future updates. For me, for example, more than 7 GB. Since I have turned off feature updates, I do not want to reserve space. This can be done with the following registry entry:

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ReserveManager]
"ShippedWithReserves"=dword:00000000

I would like to see a corresponding entry under "Tweaks" but it would be even better if this is done right when the feature updates are turned off. This is described here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

description[EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates EmptyRe: [EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates

more_horiz
One more note on this: You can check the memory reservation under Settings/System/Memory/System-reserved. If you apply the above regtweak to a running system, you won't see any change at first, because Windows will implement it only after the next update (I read). But if the tewak is already built into the installation image, the point memory reservation does not appear at all.

description[EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates EmptyRe: [EX-100] Tweak to free up memory reserved for updates

more_horiz
Hi Hanyo,

this is alerady present via

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Unfortunately, your sentence breaks off. I don't know where this already exists in Winreducer.

more_horiz
Sorry for my late response!

Here is the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum