The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description"Help" USB Drive not bootable Empty"Help" USB Drive not bootable

more_horiz
Hi guys,
Hi developer!

At first - nice tool and thanks for the tool and nice ideas!

I tried to create a new bootable USB Stick for Win10Pro Installation (My settings are attached). 

At first i downloaded MediaCreationTool20H2.exe and downloaded a new Win10 Iso file.

Then i started win reducer, loaded the standard windows iso and added my needed settings/options.
After this i started the creation of the "new" iso + also with the option "Folder USB drive to" 

"Help" USB Drive not bootable Winred10

But after the creation my usb stick is empty, and when i copy the files from the new iso to the usb stick, its not bootable.

What have i done wrong?

description"Help" USB Drive not bootable EmptyRe: "Help" USB Drive not bootable

more_horiz
Why it doesn't work with winreducer, probably only winterstorm can answer. I always use Rufus (https://rufus.ie/en_IE.html) anyway. For you maybe a workaround until the question is clarified.

more_horiz
Hello S.Schreiber90 Smile

You need to prepare your usb thumb drive as bootable ... for this, before copying your files, you need to use the integrated tool named "Bootable USB Drive Creator" ... you can use it like this :
- connect your usb thumb drive
- launch EX-100
- click on the "Start" button
- then click on "Tools" button
- then click on the "USB" icon
- you just need to follow instructions to create your bootable usb thumb drive

Once done, you will be able to boot from your usb thumb drive to install windows ... I'm using this method since a very long time !

Wink

more_horiz
Hi !

Thanks for the fast feedback.
At first i tried the option with rufus -> i erased the usb stick with this tool, after this i copied the iso files to the stick and tried to boot up again. Same again.

Also tried the steps from "Winterstorm2050".
(Pictures attached)

"Help" USB Drive not bootable 110

"Help" USB Drive not bootable 210

"Help" USB Drive not bootable 310

Normaly it could be the usb stick is damaged or something -> But when i copy the original iso files (iso file from media creation tool) to the usb stick, prompt its bootable.

It think i did something wrong in my winreducer settings. maybe i can upload my settings. Is there an option to upload my winreducer setting?

Thanks and kind regards!
Greetings from germany.

more_horiz
Rufus must copy the files to the stick, not you. You just give Rufus the drive letter and the location of the ISO. And you must decide if you want to boot with UEFI or BIOS mode.

more_horiz
Yes - i did this - sure. But this doesn't worked.

more_horiz
Have you also tried it with another USB stick? Maybe it is defective.

more_horiz
Hi S.Schreiber90
use Yumi at https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/
there is a normal & a Uefi version
I use it for years and onto an  8 GB stick you are able to put depending on the size 6 to 12 isos
and You  can install any iso ,be it windows, linux,PE iso,rescue disk , antivirus iso  etc
Have a look and give it a try,You will forget  all the rest forever
icy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum