The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - 2.4.4.0 x64] [W10 20H2 19042.631 x64] Questions of Security Center & Win Update Services Empty[EX-100 - 2.4.4.0 x64] [W10 20H2 19042.631 x64] Questions of Security Center & Win Update Services

more_horiz
WR v2440 seems to address various previous issues really well - works out great with everything that suits me anyway - but a couple of issues left I'm curious about before I venture off into further build tests....

Have one system in particular I wanted to do a basic-light OS build/install - so for kicks I removed pretty much all of the main services and had success in overall usage parameters - except for Windows Update & Security Center errors.

As for Update service(s) removal - wanted to keep the ability to install updates manually. But the OS would not run the MSU installer - not positive but maybe one thing to leave intact is the Update Orchestrator service? because the WUSA was removed from System32, leaving the MSU installers unrecognized by the OS.  Seems so after testing another image with it left alone. But hey any further direction on preserving manual update installs appreciated. Not positive if the update service(s) should be left as-is and just choose a custom setting (disable, manual) - and that brings up the issue about security center....

If security center is removed then the issues of "access denied" and limited permissions are in effect - in spite of logged in as administrator - Local/security policies seem to be reset or locked and cannot make additional changes there or in service settings. Also leave that service as-is in WR?

Not super-urgent or such - but a pointer or two in those 2 service removals while keeping the balance of manual installing of the updates and preserving administrative rights in such a OS reduction build would be helpful. If not then can go through a workaround process I guess.

Thanks!

description[EX-100 - 2.4.4.0 x64] [W10 20H2 19042.631 x64] Questions of Security Center & Win Update Services EmptyDisregard - all good now....

more_horiz
Got it polished up well enough after some manipulation of choices (compromises) and old tactics - settled up with it for purposes served. Besides that - the minor customizing of the retail image went great without a prob - so can set those 2 into archive to have handy while moving on with the 2021 changes.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum