The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionPresets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012) EmptyPresets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012)

more_horiz
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a lite version for a netbook and no matter what preset I try it's saying it can't setup on my hardware during installation.
So I went ahead and tested the ISO that I was trying to thin out to ensure it wasn't that causing the problem and it works just fine.
I'm hoping that someone on here would know what in the preset would cause it not to support this netbook so I can load the preset and enable what's broken.

Edit: Also wanted to mention I tried enabling ALL the drivers on the preset and it's not a driver issue as it still doesn't work.  Where would supported hardware be in this program?  maybe it's that?

Thank you for your time.

descriptionPresets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012) EmptyRe: Presets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012)

more_horiz
hi Kombowz

Mayby there is a hidden partition on your Dell and this may prevent  an installation,
You can see it and delete all pariitions with Minitool Partition Wizard

icy

descriptionPresets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012) EmptyRe: Presets not working on Netbook (Dell Inspiron Mini 1012)

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:
hi Kombowz

Mayby there is a hidden partition on your Dell and this may prevent  an installation,
You can see it and delete all pariitions with Minitool Partition Wizard

icy

Unfortunately that wasn't the answer.  I've installed from the ISO that I'm trying to thin, and while installing, all partitions are removed before proceeding to the install part of windows.
Something that is being removed / modified causes this to break the install and makes the hardware unsupported.  I used NTLite before (This seems way better) but they had a hardware compatibility section that I can't seem to find the equivalent on this.  I'm sure it's here somewhere, I just hopped someone would have an answer for this to save some time.  I'm still looking while I wait for help though, LOL

I appreciate your efforts

more_horiz
Download an iso from microsoft servers and install it.
if this untouched iso does not install then there is an hidden partition
if the iso installs then you left out  code needed to install
Winreducer takes time to master,,so my advive is to winreduce step by step,
make notes what works and what does not work
icy

more_horiz
icy007 wrote:
Download an iso from microsoft servers and install it.
if this untouched iso does not install then there is an hidden partition
if the iso installs then you left out  code needed to install
Winreducer takes time to master,,so my advive is to winreduce step by step,
make notes what works and what does not work
icy

I get what you're saying, and I did do just that as I mention before.  I installed it without issue base ISO.
The preset is the preset available here on the winreducer website (by the author).  I'm sure it's perfectly fine for a normal desktop/laptop but there's something breaking it on this netbook.  Only thing I can think of is support was removed for Atom CPU or something like that.  If you don't know that's okay, I'm hoping the author or someone that knows about netbook operation with this can shed some light on it.  Yes, I could start from ground zero.  But I don't want to re-invent the wheel just because a possible single setting causing issue with something that is already done, ya know?

I will wait patiently in hopes someone knows.  Again, I appreciate your efforts.

more_horiz
Hi Kombowz

If You need a perfect working Windows adapted to your Netbook ,
then you should start from ground zero,
and once you get a working iso you can slim it down step by step

that is my advice

icy
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum