The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionRuntime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1 EmptyRuntime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1

more_horiz
I modified my windows 10 iso

i try to install asassins creed 1 but the setup.exe shows an error:

Runtime Error at -1:0

Cannot import WIZARDFORM.

The things i deleted from the iso with winreducer are:
 - all uwp apps & store, except immersive control panel 
 - winsxs folder
 - all fonts except segoi ui
 - all language and keyboards except german

which one of these could case that problem?
Does anyone has an idea? 

Btw. thanks for this great software

descriptionRuntime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1 EmptyRe: Runtime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1

more_horiz
Hi bayaji

You can not delete items without testing it, this is never going to work the way You do
A lot of older games need Net Framework 3.5, newer games need Net Framework  4 or higher
You can not delete the winsxs folder as some programs access it.
So my advice is to remove things bit by bit and make notes what works for You,
Nobody can do this in your place.
i wish You good luck in winreducing your iso

icy

descriptionRuntime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1 EmptyRe: Runtime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1

more_horiz
To fix the problem, take the ISO you create and them go to MSMG Toolkit or the latest version of NTLite and them enable the option force .NET Framework version.

NTLite - go to Left side > Settings > Application Compatibility > and them enable the third one, you will see collect inventory and program compatibilty and them an option CLR version something like this, just enable it and them go to Apply and them save your image.

MSMG Toolkit -  This is on Customize option ( I think don't remember Razz ) , but is in the Windows Features option and them you will Force .NET applications use the latest versions.

Note: In WinReducer in my tests, you cannot fully delete Internet Explorer, so make sure you just disable Internet Explorer in Features tab to avoid any problems, and in Internet just remove all the Internet Explorer thing except the Engine (some games use IE Engine). Do the same for .NET Framework 3.5 just disable it , you can try with the feature removed but the safest way is disable and them clean everything, if is what you want.

more_horiz
I tried the lenkarin clue with NTLite. The goal was to run the program "Exact Audio Copy", which only runs with installed .Net3.5, without installing that. The install.wim was a bit bigger after being treated with NTLite, so something had actually happened. But:

Runtime Error. Cant install Assassins Creed 1 Error25

If this function would work, it would be very missing in Winreducer, because I could reduce my ISO by 75 MB.

more_horiz
You need check if you remove the ASP.NET in the NTLite, because this is what the programs use. In my tests, I remove the net framework from windows features and programs that depends .NET Framework 3.5, works pretty good.

I recommen you check this, but with WinReducer, they don't remove the ASP.NET just keep this one aswell. Make sure you have this, the others components need test due the compatibility with Office and other programs.

more_horiz
I have tried many things, unfortunately all to no avail.
@lenkarin: Do you only work with NTLite or do you modify an ISO that was previously scaled down with Winreducer afterwards with NTLite? That is what I try. If you work with Winreducer and NTLite, can you give me a wccf that works for you so I can get an idea what I might fail with?

more_horiz
Found the problem with "Runtime Error at -1:0 Cannot import WIZARDFORM. "

Just dont delete any .nls files under languages. works perfectly now =)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum