The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug EmptyWinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug

more_horiz
Hi friends. After a lot of trial and error i found that if in a 20h1 (not in previous editions, only 20h1 and i tried 254, .329, .331 builds)
edition you remove even only the superfetch service the following happens

1. The in-place upgrade takes after the first reboot at least 4 or more times than normal. With superfetch not removed
the installation completes in about 5 minutes. if i remove it takes at least 20minutes. Most of the delay is between between 1st and 2nd reboot(0-30%). if i don't remove superfetch it goes from 0-30% almost instantly. if i remove it it takes 6-7 minutes to complete that part.
Also i don't know if the above service affects a clean install

2. when i try to install my Epson L3160 printer software the installation starts but when you reach the part where you must setup
the connection with my WiFi the software crashes with some error.(i did not keep the error number but a google search said it relates with some driver error)

descriptionWinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug EmptyRe: WinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug

more_horiz
Hi Victor

I always remove superfetsh
I do not use WIFi, so that is different !!!
I integrate Updates & net Framework 3.5 into the iso
To update all kind of drivers i use Driverbooster
Try  Driverbooster , it is the best

icy

descriptionWinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug EmptyRe: WinReducer EX-100 - v2.3.7.0 & Windows 10 v 2004 - superfetch service bug

more_horiz
I know friend. The problem is that one way or another you can install the drivers. But to set-up the printer for WiFi use
you can only use Epson's software and that software crashes. Also everything was OK with 19H2. Until this is fixed i don't remove superfetch with winreducer but manually through the registry.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum