The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu Empty[EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu

more_horiz
Hi, did you experience this ?
Everything work but no text in the VOLUME, AGENDA/DATE and WIFI connection, when you click on the icons in the taskbar. Same thing in the start menu.

Do you know what I disabled that affect this ?
Have you encounter this before ?

Thank you.

description[EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu

more_horiz
Hello vigan1 Smile

Have you removed something in the "fonts" list ?

Have you removed some "Modern UI APPS- Framework" ?

description[EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3.1.0] [1709/1809] No text in modern ui and Start menu

more_horiz
Yes, I only kept these frameworks (Input text Service), (Net native), (Visual C++), (Xaml) and (Appointment), this one I kept because I know it's important, and break calendar and time.
The weird thing is that it worked before I activated back some services (to fix a bug in my wifi)

I kept all the fonts because I use them, I only removed "Static Cache font" because I never used it and it never caused any problems (in my 1 year using my winreducer version).

Activating "Services App readiness" has no effect on of off.

I will try with reactivating all the framework, but I removed windows store and the service.

Thank you

EDIT , I enabled all services and it seems it has to do with not removing services from R S T.
When I reactivated services starting by these letters in winreducer (before they were "remove") it works.

more_horiz
I tracked the bug, I think it's related to a service I think. Because When i activate all the services it works.
Here is a video of someone who found a fix :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He said :

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

NOW for the important part ! Locate to : C:/Users/name/AppData/Local/ and delete the TileDataLayer folder. Should fix everything immediately, no reboot necessary. Let me know how it works for you, it did for me! And remember to clean the recycle bin after you deleted the folder and give it 1min then everything is back to normal !

IS THERE A SERVICE of Framework assciated with this task ?
Maybe background intelligent transfer ?
In my services "tiledatamodelsvc" is running...

Any help

more_horiz
Hi vigan1

IN  Modern UI Apps do not remove
File Explorer
Framework (.NET Native) 
Framework (Visual C++ Runtime) 
Immersive Control Panel

in  Network do not remove
          Distributed File System (DFS)  

In Privacy do not remove  those
Background Apps - Let apps run in the background (Disable)
Camera - Allow access to the camera for this device (Disable)
Camera - Let apps use my camera (Disable)
File System - Allow access to the file system for this device (Disable)
File System - Allow apps to access your file system (Disable)
Microphone - Allow access to the microphone for this device (Disable)
Microphone - Let apps use my microphone (Disable)
        Microphone Let apps use my microphone
Radios - Allow access to the radios for this device (Disable)
Radios - Let apps control radios (Disable)
Tasks - Allow access to the tasks for this device (Disable)
Tasks - Let apps access to my tasks (Disable)

In Services do not remove
Network Connectivity Assistant Service
SNMP Trap Service 
UPnP Device Host Service  

icy

more_horiz
Thank you I fixed it by sheer luck after more than 15 try (it's been 2 day of reinstalling windows) but I don't know what made it work.
You should not disable task scheduler or else the OS freeze the taskbar on old versions of W10 (I tried everything).
I don't know what fixed it... If I encounter this bug again I will make a version with your tweaks icy007.
Thank you. I have mixed feeling, It works but I don't know if it will last...
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum