The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionSilent Install, Silent Switches? EmptySilent Install, Silent Switches?

more_horiz
Greetings to all,

I've created a custom WPI Install (not the Windows Post Install Wizard going around the net), and all Is going great.

I do however, wish to create a Silent Install for a number of applications via Winreducer 8. What switches do I use? I've tried the /s switch (and left the executable name unchanged from It's originality), but to no avail. I know there's a number of possible switches that can be applied, but I'm just wondering whether anyone has successful results with a given switch or two.

All help Is truly appreciated.
Thank you.

descriptionSilent Install, Silent Switches? EmptyRe: Silent Install, Silent Switches?

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
Greetings to all,

I've created a custom WPI Install (not the Windows Post Install Wizard going around the net), and all Is going great.

I do however, wish to create a Silent Install for a number of applications via Winreducer 8. What switches do I use? I've tried the /s switch (and left the executable name unchanged from It's originality), but to no avail. I know there's a number of possible switches that can be applied, but I'm just wondering whether anyone has successful results with a given switch or two.

All help Is truly appreciated.
Thank you.
Hi there mate.
OK Silent Installing Normally it'll be /silent But as you know there can be many switches & it all depends on what created the installer.
(Sometimes you can find this Info on the splash screen during install if there is one)

It's a shame we can't run the  /? switch command although this don't always work Or you can Try this Option /quiet also, But Don't take my word for it
this command /package also in the past I've also used this Command /S: But I think that was something to do with Symantec.

Anyway I Hope one of these helps you. Please Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Gary

descriptionSilent Install, Silent Switches? EmptyRe: Silent Install, Silent Switches?

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:

Hi there mate.
OK Silent Installing Normally it'll be /silent But as you know there can be many switches & it all depends on what created the installer.
(Sometimes you can find this Info on the splash screen during install if there is one)

It's a shame we can't run the  /? switch command although this don't always work Or you can Try this Option /quiet also, But Don't take my word for it
this command /package also in the past I've also used this Command /S: But I think that was something to do with Symantec.

Anyway I Hope one of these helps you. Please Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Gary

Hey mate,

Once again, I really thank you for your continuation of support with my problematic Issues.

I'll try the range of switches you've provided, with a number of applications- each one with a different switch (during the same Install) to see what works with what. It Is unfortunate that there's no generic switch that can be applied.

I shall advise of the outcome soon.
Thanks once again. Take care now Smile

more_horiz
Hi

im using this tool to find some switches for my applications:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Launchers-Shutdown-Tools/Universal-Silent-Switch-Finder.shtml

VIRUS-TOTAL RESULT
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d9076bf31bcf4107b85d4bf368d752f6debe58f9cce8b50f0a50fece2243da38/analysis/1378911614/
(MOD Edited)
i also use the /? comand for some apps like itunes

or i just google it like "itunes silent install" or "itunes silent switch" and i get 95% of my applications to install silent. if i cant find a switch im just making a script with autoit to install my software (like logitech, ati software or photoshop)

more_horiz
KrXKrX2 wrote:
Hi

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Launchers-Shutdown-Tools/Universal-Silent-Switch-Finder.shtml

VIRUS-TOTAL RESULT
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d9076bf31bcf4107b85d4bf368d752f6debe58f9cce8b50f0a50fece2243da38/analysis/1378911614/

or i just google it like "itunes silent install" or "itunes silent switch" and i get 95% of my applications to install silent. if i cant find a switch im just making a script with autoit to install my software (like logitech, ati software or photoshop)

Hi KrXKrX2

Thanks for the Link to this tool. If you ever link to a tool can you always provide a VIRUS TOTAL SCAN with your file/files.

So I have edited Your post & Provided a Virus Total Scan Result myself after downloading the file. Smile

I'll Post some more switches later, Because I think there going to be used even more when 8.1 comes out.

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:

Hi KrXKrX2

Thanks for the Link to this tool. If you ever link to a tool can you always provide a VIRUS TOTAL SCAN with your file/files.

So I have edited Your post & Provided a Virus Total Scan Result myself after downloading the file. Smile

I'll Post some more switches later, Because I think there going to be used even more when 8.1 comes out.

ah ok. i thought that a link to a known site would be ok without a virus total scan.

i thought it would be only necessary if i upload a file.

maybe i will post all my switches too.

and if wanted some AutoIt scripts.

more_horiz
KrXKrX2 wrote:
CodeMe wrote:

Hi KrXKrX2

ah ok. i thought that a link to a known site would be ok without a virus total scan.

i thought it would be only necessary if i upload a file.

maybe i will post all my switches too.

and if wanted some AutoIt scripts.

Hi man,

Well It was my choice to ask for a Virus total link, Myself I would of trusted the link, But some members do & don't know these sites yet.
So As we all know some people can be Some what over Protective sometimes towards there Rig I thought it'll be best to reassure these people. Smile
But your good man, you did nothing wrong Smile

Your switches that you Have & collected for programs will be welcomed man. Once we get a really great collection I'll do my best to arrange them all in
Alphabetical Order.

AutoIt Scripts. I've never attempted to try these with WinReDucer yet, But if you have & they work then I'm sure they would be welcomed.

Thanks again man

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:
Hi man,

Well It was my choice to ask for a Virus total link, Myself I would of trusted the link, But some members do & don't know these sites yet.
So As we all know some people can be Some what over Protective sometimes towards there Rig I thought it'll be best to reassure these people. Smile
But your good man, you did nothing wrong Smile

Your switches that you Have & collected for programs will be welcomed man. Once we get a really great collection I'll do my best to arrange them all in
Alphabetical Order.

AutoIt Scripts. I've never attempted to try these with WinReDucer yet, But if you have & they work then I'm sure they would be welcomed.

Thanks again man

Hey,

truely said i just tried once doing a reduced win8 iso at the beginning of the winreducer for win8.
i´m happy at the moment with win7 Wink

i use my autoit scripts and also the switches (i use winrar to make SFX Archives to install most of my software) in WPIW (Windows Post Install Wizard).
I know wpiw since my win xp times, and my autoit scripts work there fine Razz

more_horiz
KrXKrX2 wrote:
Hi

VIRUS-TOTAL RESULT
(MOD Edited)

Much appreciate the link mate.

I'm hitting the download now, and shall check the tool out thereafter. Softpedia Is renowned for providing clean and virus-free releases, so In my views, an online virus scan report Is not warranted In this situation.

Thanks again.

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
KrXKrX2 wrote:
Hi

VIRUS-TOTAL RESULT
(MOD Edited)

Much appreciate the link mate.

I'm hitting the download now, and shall check the tool out thereafter. Softpedia Is renowned for providing clean and virus-free releases, so In my views, an online virus scan report Is not warranted In this situation.

Thanks again.

Your Totally Correct mate, A Scan Result is not really warranted here.
However Lately we have a number of new members joining & I've had a few questions asking if some things are safe.(not this link though, yet lol)

So For the Benefit of our new Members that do NOT know there shit like we do Guys, I Thought it would Benefit these new members
And help relax them & Help Reduce the Private messages I get.
Because Less Private messages helps me Dedicate Most of my Time to the Forums Threads & Posts & to All Members Smile
Where Private messaging takes me away & slows me down. affraid

Anyway inallsorts Good to see Ya Mate.. Smile 

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:
However Lately we have a number of new members joining & I've had a few questions asking if some things are safe.(not this link though, yet lol)

So For the Benefit of our new Members that do NOT know there shit like we do Guys, I Thought it would Benefit these new members
Because Less Private messages helps me Dedicate Most of my Time to the Forums Threads & Posts & to All Members Smile

Good to read from you again too mate.

Pertaining to new members questioning a given link (whether It's safe), I do agree that verification via an online virus scan report should be provided. Anyhow, I've tested this tool and although It doesn't provide the silent switches for each and every application, It does work pretty well for the ones It supports. The great thing Is that It's a portable edition, hence no Installation Is required.

I shall test (later tonight), the silent switches from the tool, and apply them to Winreducer via the silent Install on my VM.
Cheers.

more_horiz
inallsorts wrote:
CodeMe wrote:

Good to read from you again too mate.

Pertaining to new members questioning a given link (whether It's safe), I do agree that verification via an online virus scan report should be provided. Anyhow, I've tested this tool and although It doesn't provide the silent switches for each and every application, It does work pretty well for the ones It supports. The great thing Is that It's a portable edition, hence no Installation Is required.

I shall test (later tonight), the silent switches from the tool, and apply them to Winreducer via the silent Install on my VM.
Cheers.

Hey this is Great news man

Also Thanks for updating us on the tool this will be a bonus for people to assure them it does do the job for supported items.
Thanks again Pal Smile

more_horiz
CodeMe wrote:

Hey this is Great news man

Also Thanks for updating us on the tool this will be a bonus for people to assure them it does do the job for supported items.
Thanks again Pal Smile

No problem at all, you're most welcome.

Glad to be of help Smile
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum