The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionChange "User Account Picture" with registry EmptyChange "User Account Picture" with registry

more_horiz
Ok, so I've discovered that adding a "String Value" named "image192" with "Value data" set to :"C:\image192.png" in the registry location: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AccountPicture\Users\S-1-5-21-4064872062-2244990312-1987731638-1000" it will will result in this: https://i.imgur.com/z81NLm7.jpg

I want to use Winreducer's registry integrator to add that key to the registry, but its SID specific (S-1-5-21-4064872062-2244990312-1987731638-1000), so I cant, is there any workaround, or any way to specify default user SID in registry just like how you can specify %userprofile% in CMD?

My goal is to set a profile picture in a winreduced ISO so when the user installs windows, the profile picture is already chosen

Thanks

descriptionChange "User Account Picture" with registry EmptyRe: Change "User Account Picture" with registry

more_horiz
Sorry I rushed to post this instead of trying to solve it myself.

My solution was instead of telling windows to use my custom User Account Picture, instead, I forced windows to use the default User Account Pictures by adding this registry key:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"UseDefaultTile"=dword:00000001

Then changing what the default pictures are by going to "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures"

Works perfectly.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum