The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64]    Domain join - is it possible? Empty[EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64] Domain join - is it possible?

more_horiz
HI,

I'm trying to find a way to let winreduced machines do a domain join. At the current stage the property UI greys out the workgroup/domain fields, so cannot do a join from the UI.

I wonder is someone has managed to figure out what NOT to remove for this to success. Before you ask I use a PRO edition of win10.

Thanks, much apreciated!

description[EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64]    Domain join - is it possible? EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64] Domain join - is it possible?

more_horiz
Although I am of a different nationality I am also using the same ISO basically because I feel more confident with a system in english language, but from what I see using the international version instead of the US one seems to create more troubles than else especially in custom isos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It forces to continuously download languages packs and cumulative updates for each change.

I also experienced many update failures (including languages packs) and I suspect that a locale different than US could have some responsibility as well as other reasons I explained in my topics (mainly regarding WR partial/incomplete/outdated support for cumulative updates).
And when a cumulative update install fine I also experienced the restoration of removed/disabled components included Edge, but I don't know if the locale plays a role in this.

From what I have read, the main difference between US and international should be the spelling and the default settings (time zones, currency, metrics etc which can be changed easily in WR unattended tab). In reality seems that there is much more involved.

I am going to stick with the US version. All of these troubles just to have a little different spelling make no sense to me.
Thanks

description[EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64]    Domain join - is it possible? EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3] [Win10_1909_EnglishInternational_x64] Domain join - is it possible?

more_horiz
Just another confirmation of some of the troubles caused by a locale different from US:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum