The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready" Empty[EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready"

more_horiz
During install it get stuck on "Getting ready" for several hours and then continue with installation. On first post-install boot, it get stuck again for several hours and then continue to desktop.

Under services tab there are preconfigured settings which are supposed to be safe but both the options (winterstorm/black viper) disable "WAP Push message Routing Service".
The installer seems to wait for some response from this service and continue installation only after waiting a couple of hours without getting a response. I don't know why, but on the Microsoft forums (and recently even here) there are reports of this problem.
Changing the value from disabled to manual fixes everything.

You may want to change the configuration files to prevent other users going into this.

description[EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready" EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready"

more_horiz
Take my advices seriously and everything will work correctly ,
but
Wat baten kaars en bril als de uil niet zien en lezen wil

icy

description[EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready" EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.3.0.0] [19H2 Build 18363.418] Serious bug report: install stuck on "Getting ready"

more_horiz
Thanks Icy but this has nothing to do with your advices on updates, it regards the installation of the operating system which requires "WAP Push message Routing Service" to be set on manual (while Winternstorm safe and black viper safe configuration files change it to disabled):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am not sure if this only applies to portable devices (like my Surface). For me it's not a problem since I fixed it long time ago and winter is free to leave the configuration file unchanged.
Problem will be for people that don't know. I just reported this in the spirit of sharing.
Thanks again
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum