The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionTouchpad not working during boot EmptyTouchpad not working during boot

more_horiz
Hello I need help, to understand what are the components needed to make a touchpad work during boot when installing on laptop.

I have a fully working version of Win10 Home 1809v2 on desktop (wifi, wlan-printer, powershell...). It is based on the LAPTOP preset form the official website.

But I can't make the touchpad work during the winreducer install on my laptop. The touchpad works on a stock windows 10 install.

I have left :
Remover>Drivers : - Support Human Interface devices (HID)
                          - Usb Hub (Type C)
                          - Usb Hube (EHCI)
                          - Usb Hube (xHCI)

If anyone has any idea about what components are needed to keep for a windows precision touchpad to work ?
Thank you.

EDIT : IT HAS TO DO WITH THE DRIVER TAB BECAUSE WHEN I DON'T REMOVE ANY DRIVER THE TOUCHPAD WORK DURING THE WINDOWS INSTALL Wink
Here is what I have now : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Use Ctrl+F and type "false" Highlight All to see what drivers are kept.

NOTE if it helps someone to avoid a headache :

if you want you wifi printer to work you have to keep the FEATURE > SNMP on. (and the INTERNET PRINTING feature of course).

descriptionTouchpad not working during boot EmptyRe: Touchpad not working during boot

more_horiz
Hi vigan1,

as some of the touchpads are connected via USB I would recommend you to unselect all USB-Drivers. So for you it means that you sould keep the following additional to your selection above:

- USB Easy Transfer Cable
- USB Infared CIR
- USB Media Agnostic (MA-USB)
- USB RDNIS (for internet sharing)
- USB Role Switch (Chipidea Controller)
- USB Role Switch (Synopsys Controller)
- USB Serial Device

Also I personally would keep the following component:
- Support - Serial IO

Best regards,
Markus

descriptionTouchpad not working during boot EmptyRe: Touchpad not working during boot

more_horiz
THANK YOU ! so much.
I activated only this :
- USB Media Agnostic (MA-USB)
- USB RDNIS (for internet sharing)
- USB Serial Device
- Support - Serial IO

Even the touch screen works now, so thank you very much.
I hope I can help one of you guys in the future Wink

I will pinpoint to what what causing the problem, and get back to you guys.
I may try to only activate "serial IO" alone just to make sure !

more_horiz
Hi vigan1,

I am glad it is working for you now! Thank you very much for your offer to help nailing it down. In my opinion it is one of those 4 components:
- USB Serial Device
- Support - Serial IO

So if you have the time you can try to remove one by one and see what is causing the problem. Smile Also if you are interested, have some time this weekend and want to participate, I would like to remind you that we are doing a bug huntig session Smile (https://forum.winreducer.net/t2697-1st-winreducerex100-bug-hunting-session-11-13-october-2019)

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hi I got it after 3 try only (lucky)
It was Support - Serial IO
I could disable everything else and it still worked, it only needed Serial IO !

I will try to find bugs, first time doing this, I will do my best Smile
Do I need to find bugs in the winreducer program or on windows installs ?

Thank you again.

more_horiz
Perfect! Smile

@ Winterstorm: Can you please put the Support - Serial IO component to false in the laptop wccfs? Smile

@ vigan1: The intention for this bug hunting weekend is exactly what we did today with WinReducerEX100. 1. step: encounter a problem, 2. step: search the forum if there is already a topic about it (also in the answered/implemented/solved sections) 3. step: try to focus on what component might have caused the trouble 4. step: when found, post your findings in the topic so winterstorm can change/fix it and others can benefit from your findings. Smile

p.s. Personaly I would recommend you to set up a virtual machine and test it there first, but for some parts like your touchpad you need to test things on real machines in the end.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Thanks guys Very Happy
I've tested and updated a newer WCCF in my tutorial with your feedbacks Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best regards,
Neo

more_horiz
Hi neo, glad it helped you.

hauser.markus count on me then !

I am currently fighting with bluetooth, as I found that not having bluetooth in the ISO, result in the impossibility to recognize and install bluetooth driver (INTEL).

But also trying to make the Screen brightness slider work on my laptop, but for this... I am lost... there is not even a slider in the UI (and not present in the PowerOptions too !). Stuck at 100% brightness Embarassed
EDIT : I found an option in REMOVER > Accessories > Display Brightness
I will try it !

I will post my results if I can make them work. But the laptop preset is not really meant for laptop, it seems it is just a desktop preset with wifi (as it worked fine on my desktop). It needs some tweaks so feel free to use my findings on later versions Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi Vigan1,

yes I confirm that the laptop wccf cannot work with bluetooth as it needs the generic drivers and functions. Please create a new ISO with the following kept:
- Accessories" Name="Diagnostics (Bluetooth)"
- Drivers" Name="Bluetooth - Marvell"
- Drivers" Name="Support - Bluetooth" (mainly it is because of this)
- Settings" Name="Devices - Bluetooth and other devices"
- "Services" Name="Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service" Selected="false" Value="" (edit to false and leave value blank, or in the winreducer program just unselect this service)
- "Services" Name="Bluetooth AVCTP Service" Selected="false" Value="" (edit to false and leave value blank, or in the winreducer program just unselect this service)
- "Services" Name="Bluetooth Support Service" Selected="false" Value="" (edit to false and leave value blank, or in the winreducer program just unselect this service)

P.s.: Please open a new topic the next time for every bug, so we can not get lost within Smile

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Thank you !
Sorry I will open another topic.
Also I did not work it need an other service, because when I activate all services + your suggestion it works. But if I only activate the items you noted it does not work.

It need another services to work. Even with this it does not work :
ConsentUX service
Connected Devices Plateform Services
Connected Devices Plateform Users Services

I will create another topic sorry Very Happy

more_horiz
Hi vigan1,

I just checked again and yes, as all services seem at the same state in this config file - I can only recommend you for now to leave the services page (as it already a more advanced tab). Some devices need for example some of these serices to run:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service
- Credential Manager Service
- Net Logon Service
- Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup Service
- Network Connection Broker Service
- Radio Management Service
- Telephony Service
- UPnP Device Host Service
- Windows Connection Manager Service

If you want you can check and report back in the new created topic Smile

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
hi Markus,

Do you know which functionality is broken with these two services Disabled?:
- Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup Service
- UPnP Device Host Service

Also, btw, if Telephony Service is Disabled > VPN functionality is broken.

Thanks,
Neo

more_horiz
Hi Neo,

according to microsoft the following services do the following:
- Network Connected Devices Auto-Setup service monitors and installs qualified devices that connect to a qualified network. Stopping or disabling this service will prevent Windows from discovering and installing qualified network connected devices automatically. Users can still manually add network connected devices to a PC through the user interface.

For me this means that all the auto connections with Wifi, Bluetooth, Mobile and so on are not working but you still should be able to add them to a manually configured network.

- Allows UPnP devices to be hosted on your computer. If this service is stopped, any hosted UPnP devices will stop functioning and no additional hosted devices can be added.

UPnP Devices could be for example USB-modem or other devices working right out of the box when connected to the computer. This does not mean they are not working anymore with this service disabled, but you may need to manually try to open the device and find the executeables on the device.

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hi Markus,
Thank you much for the detailed and clear reply Very Happy

Best regards,
Neo
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum