The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description'Press START, then type to search' is gone Empty'Press START, then type to search' is gone

more_horiz
On a standard Win10 you can press the Start and then simply type to search for a file or a function.
It seems that i have 'reduced' that away (although i really was carefully, just wanted to get rid of xbox, games etc) but i can't find what to choose to bring that function back.
I really would appreciate your help.

Thanks, LeMa

description'Press START, then type to search' is gone EmptyRe: 'Press START, then type to search' is gone

more_horiz
Hey LeMa
You should look into the tweaks
icy

description'Press START, then type to search' is gone EmptyRe: 'Press START, then type to search' is gone

more_horiz
Did you by chance remove Cortana?

more_horiz
yes i did ...

more_horiz
From what I understand removing Cortana breaks the search function.

more_horiz
very true.
it's a tricky thing to reduce a win10 professional to a system you can use professionally Razz

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

Could you please confirm which Windows 10 version you are using (RS5, RS6, ...) ?

Thanks Smile

more_horiz
a current 1903 iso ...
the tricky thing is because ms is including a lot of stuff you normally dont need or want in an office setting (xbox etc).

more_horiz
Hmmm..you could always use a start menu replacer like open-shell.I think I remember reading somewhere that it has it's own search function.I don't know if that would be an option for you since it's an office setting build.

more_horiz
i'm using 'classic shell' already and will do the rest via gpo's. but winreducer is giving a great install iso for all pc's.
and for search function also lookeen is worth a look, especially together with outlook.
:-)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum