The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF Empty[SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF

more_horiz
v2.1.8.0 / W10-64 1903

1. Hyper-V Controller (in Remover >> Drivers) becomes Unchecked when loading WCCF that was saved as Checked to remove it.
Is that expected?
2. Also,
Device manager shows 'Unknown device' (under 'Other devices') , as if 'Hyper-V Controller' is never fully removed.

3. Remover >> Network >> Adobe Flash for Windows also resets per new WCCF load and is loaded un-checked, even when saved checked.
4. Adobe Flash for Windows is never removed during Windows setup, even when checked to be removed.

description[SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF

more_horiz
To remove Hyper-V Controller you need to remove Disk Image Burning Tool as well. But that will break the ability to mount ISO as noted in WinReducer.

description[SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF EmptyRe: [SOLVED] Hyper-V Controller (in Remover-Drivers) is unchecked when loading WCCF

more_horiz
Thanks much Aeon.
And do you know how to remove Adobe Flash ? it behaves like HyperV-controller (remains unchecked when loading WCCF)

more_horiz
I have no problem removing Adobe Flash but testing here I found that keeping Microsoft Edge prevents you from removing Adobe Flash. It seems that WinReducer protects this automatically.

more_horiz
Thanks again Aeon Smile
That makes lots of sense, because I keep Edge for certain sites compatibility that are designed for Edge only.
I wonder if it's still possible to remove Flash even if Edge is not removed. I guess that's a question for WinterStorm250, for future product updates Smile

Thanks again Aeon Smile
Btw, you might find my notes handy,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm updating that post on weekly bases.

Best regards,
Neo

more_horiz
I also like to remove Flash since it is very little used and if you keep Windows Update it gets updates every month. I don't think Flash is essential for Edge to work.

Thanks I got to see this topic, great job Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

I confirm what AeonX said about Hyper-V controller, this is automatically protected if you keep Disk Image Burning Tool to avoid breaking the iso mount Wink ... you may also do this : remove both components and use alternative iso mounting/burning software Wink

About Flash, it has been done, like you described, few years ago (since June 2015 for EX-100 = flash was automatically protected with edge) ... because in 2015, flash was required as a standard, there were discussions about leaving it progressively ... and html5 was not available as a web standard. But now, all things evolves very fast, all major internet actors in the web announced since few weeks, that they will abandoned flash in 2020 ... and there was no updates since 2 months (june 2019) for flash in windows 10.

So, I think it's time to start leaving it progressively abandoned also in EX-100 ... so I confirm with v2.2.0..0, flash will be still available as a component to remove it, but there will be not any more automatic protection if you keep Edge ... thanks guys for your interesting discussions.

I wish you all to have a very great day!

more_horiz
I will also investigate the Device manager shows 'Unknown device' (under 'Other devices') !

I will let you know as soon as possible.

more_horiz
SOLVED in v2.2.7.1 [VIP] and v2.2.8.0 [ALL] !

Hello,

The 'Unknown device' (under 'Other devices') has been solved Smile

I wish you to have a great day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum