The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC]  "open with" and servicing tool questions Empty[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC] "open with" and servicing tool questions

more_horiz
Old issue but I wonder if there's any news about what's breaking this "open with"

And what's about the servicing tool taking so long during setup.

I am pretty sure it's both wccf independent.

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC]  "open with" and servicing tool questions EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC] "open with" and servicing tool questions

more_horiz
Hello dim Smile

1 - About "Open with" bug, I didn't encounter it since Win10 v1809 and also because I keep Notepad to avoid the "Open with - Other options" list to be empty which was the reason why it didn't work perfectly. I will try to reproduce the bug with my extreme wccf and let you know soon.

2 - About "servicing tool taking long" :
- Have you used "Unattended - Dism Cleanup" options ?  .... if you not use it will speed up the installation by much Wink
- Have you used "Service - Distributed Link Tracking Client Service" ? .... if you not remove it it will speed up the installation by much Wink

I wish you to have very great day !

description[EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC]  "open with" and servicing tool questions EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.8.0] [RS5 Build 1809 LTSC] "open with" and servicing tool questions

more_horiz
So, I confirm the bug with the empty " Open with - Other options" list ... it still exists in v1903. This is a MS bug because it's also available in a non customized system.

To bypass it, just use open with to open a non assigned type of file with an apps ... this will add the apps name in the "Open with - Other options" list ... which will solve this trouble.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum