The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating Empty[EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating

more_horiz
Hello everyone!

I just made a new WinReduced Win10 and ran into a problem. After I installed windows and started up just fine I was not able to install .Net Framework 3.5 anymore. When I use the same wccf on RS4 it works just fine. Can anybody please download my wccf and confirm that behaviour?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the DISM log:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

@winterstorm2050: Maybe you have already something on your mind fixing this for the next release. Smile

Thank you in advance.
Markus

description[EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating

more_horiz
Hello Markus Smile

I just tried your wccf and it worked for me ... with "Windows Features" GUI ... have you tried with it ? Because it seems that you used your own command line, so maybe a trouble with your net framework 3.5 sources ... you can check the EX-100 "Netframework35" folder in "Integrate" folder for RS5 sources Smile .... you can also try to add "/LimitAccess" to your command line to avoid searching in internet.

Have a great day my friend !

description[EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating EmptyRe: [EX-100 - v2.1.3.0] [RS5 Build 17763.1] .net Framework 3.5 not integrating

more_horiz
Hi Winter and thank you for your quick response!

I tried it once again, but still I am not possible to integrate it. Here are my steps:

- Winreduce Win10 [check]
- Install winreduced Windows [check]
- right after the installation I use the dism command to integrate .net 3.5 which frist seems to be stuck at 5,9% and then jumps to 100% with the error.
- It is working just fine in a non touched windows and was working just fine with the same wccf on RS4 (I am using it this way so I do not have to connect the PC to the internet).
- just for clarification - I use the "microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package.cab" which can be found on the Original ISO.

- can you please give the offline installation mentioned above a try aswell? (first you type cmd in the start menu, open it with administrative rights, and then use the following line: Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:X:\sources\sxs where X: is the drive where you have the cab file.
- the addition of the command "LimitAccess" is only working if you are not a administrative user Smile

- What I can try now is slipstream it via WinReducer first.

Thank you very much,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello Markus Smile

I'm investigating your trouble ... I will let you know today.

Smile

more_horiz
Hello Winterstorm2050!

Thank you for your time and patience!!!

Kind regards,
Markus

more_horiz
You are welcome my friend Smile

So, I tested your wccf with an untouched iso "Win10_1809Oct_French_x64.iso", downloaded from this topic [using point 1)] : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- installation : ok
- Then i use the dism command line pointing directly to the iso "sources\sxs"
- dism is finishing correctly without errors

Could you please try 2 things :
1 - download the iso I mentioned above, and try with it (without unattended options)
2 - if possible try with vmware player using a virtual machine

Please let me know.

more_horiz
Hi Winterstorm!

Thank you again for your quick reply! Smile

Like I said in the post above the offline method is working just fine with an untouched windows and with an reduced RS4. But I will give it a try now without the unattended options like you said (still, I have some doubt, that this is causing the trouble because on my real mashine where I installed it I did not use the Autounattended xml, but we will see soon. I already completed the reduction and start with the installation in a few minutes! Smile

If you ask me, then something went broken with the integrated dism.exe, but this is just my guess.

Talk to you soon!
Markus

more_horiz
Ok, I Installed the new version right now and unfortunatley the error is the same.

Even more interesting is that I encountered another error (no worries I will open a new ticket in a second) - The notifications are broken. I checked on the older version and it is the same. So I see for example the number of notifications (lets say 2 or 3) but when I click on the nofications the window pops up, but there is nothing in there and the number vanishes...

So back to topic. Can you please check my Winreduced wccf and then install via the offline dism command? Smile

Thank you in advance,
Markus

more_horiz
I just tried with an "de-DE" iso from the download link I provided above, and everything works correctly "enable" and "disable" the netfx3 sources from iso using command line. So, the main problem for me is to reproduce your trouble in order to fix it.

Could you please :

1 -try to verify the sha-1 value for your iso, to check if there are no errors in it.

2 - try with an iso from the download link I provided above.

Please let me know Smile

more_horiz
Thank you once again for your time!

I found the solution to my problem! Smile Microsoft did a change to the required files from RS4 to RS5. (They also changed the size of the .net3.5 cab a little which I believe is due to the updated security fixes included).

So what did happen in the end? Until RS4 I was always able to just run the .net cab alone without the addition of the .net3.5 lang file (about 1.5 Mb and in my case named de~DE) and so I always copied only the main file to a certain place and started the installation. But with RS5 the additional language file became necessary and vital for the installation. So when I copy both files (.net3.5 which is about 69,3 Mb + the language file) to the same destination it simply works!!! Smile

Thank you again for all the time wasted and the very good help! Smile

I hope this might help others aswell!

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Excellent news Smile

I will move this topic to the help forum Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum