The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

EX-81 & EX-70

+3
Hanyo
hauser.markus
Dusktilldawn
7 posters

descriptionEX-81 & EX-70 EmptyEX-81 & EX-70

more_horiz
Unfertunatelly I saw the Schedule which you updated yesterday whithout EX-81 & EX-70....

Sad

whereas you have promised more than 1000 times you have said that "you (intended EX-81 & EX-70 users) definitely not forgotten"

Sad
where...
Sad
over years...
Sad 
evantuallly you have completely removed them from Schedule

good work, you did it !

I wish YOU more success

LAST NOTE: BTW you have forgatten to remove "on the 23rd dec; "WinReducer Updates Catalog for EX81 and EX70" [VIP] and [ALL]" because those are not benefitial for  all anymore, please remove it too Sad
EX-81 & EX-70 Icon_sad

descriptionEX-81 & EX-70 EmptyRe: EX-81 & EX-70

more_horiz
Hello Dusktilldawn, hello to all others reading this,

the next few lines are only my opinion so I hope nobody will feel accused.

First of all we need to clarify that nobody 'MUST USE' any software from Winterstorm and therefore we can only count ourselfs lucky and thankfull for every line he is programing!
Secondly I have to admit that it makes one really sad reading all the promises made and not kept, but sometimes life does not play the way we want it to.

For me there are two likely scenarios here:

Scenario A - Winterstorm readjusts the schedule so we finally get to see a new ALL version before the end of 2018 (18-20th are still empty in your recent plan Wink ). This would mean we have a new basis to test and further improve it. I know some people might disagre here but for me Windows 7 is the one with least time left (support will end January 2020, so one year to go), while Windows 8.1 got time support until 2023 and all the Windows 10 version have atleast 18 months. So maybe it would be best for now to really focus in the EX 70 project, ONLY FOR NOW. (Sorry EX81 users, I can truly understand your need for a new version aswell)

Version B - Winterstorm decides that there is not enough time left with all the other projects he runs or any other reason and simply let the EX70 project die.

Personally I would for sure prefer Version A, but if until the last day of 2018 there is no All version out I highly doubt this will work out. And with every other day it gets less and less atractive to setup your PCs with Windows 7 when there is only little of the oficial lifespan left.

But as I said from the beginning - this is all just my opinion.

What do you guys think? Feel free to respond.

more_horiz
sorry for the double post

more_horiz
I think Winterstorm is doing a really good job, but unfortunately it is just him, and users here with lots of time can only contribute with posts. To be honest, EX-80/EX-81 should be retired. There's no reason to be on it. Windows 7 was (and still is) the best OS until Windows 10.. and that's far from ready. I believe the focus of development should be on Windows 10 now because it is the future! Windows 8 is the fail "between" OS like Vista was with XP - 7. I really hate Windows 10, but WinReducer is still a long way to being free from bugs and totally supporting it.

I really do agree with you though. Priority would be nice.. but I really don't see what more can be done for Windows 7, except catalog updates? I've had the same WinReducer 7 ISO since 2016 and it feels perfectly clean. Development would be significantly faster if focused on 1 project. Recently I built a new computer, so I had to upgrade to Windows 10. I feel paranoid every day I'm using it. Can't use EX-100 yet because of OOBE bugs and because it's so easy to break the OS!

I still use my old computer for Windows 7 because I really hate the 1000 services on W10 and random tasks happening without my control. WinReducer is the only thing that can put people back in control of their OS.

santa

more_horiz
Winter is suppose to at least update W7&w8 catalog 
 But he prefered to pick option Remove it from schadule complately 
Do you renember
how many tim geek es has he updated schedule about W8&W7 ?
How many times has he given promise to to those users?
How long time did he wait people who trust him by his promise?
is this ethicality 
In my opiopinion n
Some times to keeping what you say should be better than earning money
May be we never stumble upon in our life
But we might meet in our heard

more_horiz
I don't understand how anyone can make a claim on Winterstorm. What he gives us is a gift, how can you ask more?

more_horiz
Hanyo wrote:
I don't understand how anyone can make a claim on Winterstorm. What he gives us is a gift, how can you ask more?

be a little honest bro Hanyo…

most probably you must be a w10 user...
try to replacing yourself with other OS users
no need to unnecessary  flattering

more_horiz
Dusktilldawn wrote:
most probably you must be a w10 user...
try to replacing yourself with other OS users
no need to unnecessary  flattering

...but your profile also says OS: Windows 10.

EX-81 & EX-70 Tenor

If your catalog updates are the most important thing in the world, then it's time to upgrade to 10!
After that.. Windows Update will never leave you alone.
lol!

more_horiz
I understand being frustrated but Dusktilldawn you are very wrong talking like that and being ironical to winter. Think of this: You have a operating system that is very good without any tampering(windows 7). You don't like it and you want to use a free software to reduce it and then because the creator does not give you a new version you are being rude. I agree that promises must be kept but you cant talk like that to people that have no obligation to you to give you anything. Winter cant shut down the project today. its his work.

more_horiz
hey guys i dont know where you are looking that you dont see a release date for winreducer 7 but here on this schedule which was updateson 16.12.18 i see a release

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• 21 : "WinReducer EX-70" [VIP]
  • 22 : "WinReducer EX-81" [VIP]

it is only for vip like the last versions since winter has deactivated all components and now he adds always a couple each version to fix bugs and update those components. as soon as he whent through ALL components (updated them and fixed several bugs) a version for all users will show up.

more_horiz
More important winter are you ok; you have missed a winreducer build release at 17/12 which is not common for you and you havent responded to any posts for days. I hope you are ok my friend.

more_horiz
Yes, winterstorm are you OK buddy? We are all worried here..

more_horiz
winter is sick at the moment (worst time to be sick during christmas...) thats why there are no versions at the moment.

so hopefully he will be well soon, so he can also enjoy christmas and new year

more_horiz
Krx i think i speak for everyone here when i say send winter our wishes for him to be up and well soon.

more_horiz
I hope he will get better in a short time time
I Am also feeling ill:geek:

more_horiz
Happy new year guys, hope. Winterstorm gets better!

more_horiz
Hello guys,

Yes, I'm back and I confirm that I will release EX-81 and EX70 v1.8.x.x branch updates next week ... the Updates Catalog will be updated the week after Smile

I wish you all an HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 and thank you very much to all of you !

more_horiz
Great to have you back up and well! Smile Happy new year 2019 to you and all others! Smile

Btw. 7-Zip v.18.06 was just released a few days ago. Smile

All the best,
Markus

more_horiz
Thanks Markus Smile

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

New EX-70 and EX-81 versions (v1.8.8.0) with fix for the mentioned troubles have been released ... the next steps are :
- update EX-81 and EX-70 catalog updates
- development of v2.x.x.x versions

I wish you to have a great day !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum