The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionWinSXS differences EmptyWinSXS differences

more_horiz
Under Optimizations/Windows WinSxS 1 there are two options for install.wim, but the descriptions for both are "Delete all files in the WinSXS backup folder", so what's the difference? I suspect the description is wrong, and that the non-expert one only deletes some files and not all of them?

descriptionWinSXS differences EmptyRe: WinSXS differences

more_horiz
Hello scottallthefriends Smile

This is strange, which translation file are you using ? Because in English translation v3.55, the help tips are correct and different for backup or winsxs folder.

Let me know ... thanks.

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
The non-expert description (delete all files):
WinSXS differences Non_ex10

The expert description (delete both intsall.wim and boot.wim WinSXS):
WinSXS differences Expert10

What is the difference between deleting all files, and deleting the folder? And the description says it will delete boot.wim WinSXS too?

more_horiz
Hello scottallthefriends Smile

There are 2 different options :

- "Windows - WinSxS Backup Folder Cleanup (install.wim)" : the "Backup" folder is a non necessary folder, without important troubles in your WinReduced system, so this may be seen as a "small" WinSxS cleanup without breaking windows functionalities ... this is why there is none description in the help tips about possible troubles

- "Windows - WinSxS Folder Cleanup (install.wim)" : in the contrary,  this option have an important reduction impact in the final size footprint but also break a lot of windows components, as described in the help tips ... This is why the help tips mentions "ONLY RESERVED TO EXPERIENCED USERS" .... but, for example, in my own case and using my "Desktop (Extreme)" wccf, I always use this option because I do not want to use "Windows Updates", I prefer installing regularly a fresh system with all new updates integrated in my WinReduced system.

And the same description can be applied to the options dedicated to "boot.wim".
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum