The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionError message installing windows EmptyError message installing windows

more_horiz
Hi all,
i'm new on this forum and i hope to be in the right section.

I tried to make a lite version of windows 10. 

(the original iso can be installed without any problem both trough normal setup and bootable usb).

I have used winreducer EX-100 and applied some change to this iso (i have removed many things) using a video guide. I have added updates and some program like bitdefender chrome and a few othr things.

the process gone all right and i have created both iso and bootable usb through winreducer

the problem start now 

i insert the usb on the pc and when it charge the installation it works some minutes then it comes the message

"Windows cant read the from the answer file without interaption"

(the italian version of this message that is: "impossibile leggere l'impostazione dal file di risposte per l'istallazione automatica ")

anyone has any idea on how i can solve this?

I'haven't find anything on the forum except someone that say to include the key but i don't know how i can do this.

Sorry for this long message and i hope someone could help me.

Thank you very much

Edo

descriptionError message installing windows EmptyRe: Error message installing windows

more_horiz
Hello and welcome Smile

I confirm this is a problem with the "Unattend" components part ... yes this may be a problem with the serial number or another component.

Could you please tell me :
- what version of EX-100 ?
- what Windows 10 Edition ?
- what Windows 10 version ?

If you may be able to send me your wccf, to see if I could reproduce this.

I wish you to have agreat day !

descriptionError message installing windows EmptyRe: Error message installing windows

more_horiz
Hi and thanks for the reply,

i have ex-100 x64 v1.9.22.0
windows 10 home edition x64
and i have tryed also the enterprise x64

i think the version is the 1607

more_horiz
OK, could please you send me your wccf.

Please read this thread, on how to upload your wccf and share the link here on the forum or by PM :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks.

more_horiz
Sure,

I can't send the entire link (i have a limitation as new member) i can only send it in this way

more_horiz
I tested your wccf and there was no error, it worked as intended (with Windows 10 Home v1804 and Enterprise LTSB 2016).

Are you using a recent computer (laptop or other) with an embedded serial key inside your UEFI/Bios ? Have you already Windows 10 installed ?
Because this is perhaps a mismatch Windows 10 version ... for example if you had in your computer a genuine PRO edition installed on it by default ... and you are trying to install an HOME version ... the UEFI/Bios will detect a serial number error.

1) The first solution you have to try, is to do not use the unattended tab in EX-100.

2) You may try to force the installation with a generic serial number for the correct edition you want to install (but you won't be able to activate Windows with these keys, they are just to install it) :
- Windows 10 Professional : W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Windows 10 Enterprise : NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB : DCPHK-NFMTC-H88MJ-PFHPY-QJ4BJ

But there are no generic serial numbers for HOME edition.

more_horiz
I have tryed the installation in a old notebook that i'm trying to restore..
i have tryed both installation with the original windows 10 system installed (same version) and in a not allocated hard disk.
i have also tryed to install it in a virtual machine (Virtual box) but i find the same error in all method.

how can i try to force installation with the suggested key?

Thanks for your support

more_horiz
This is weird, there are no report about such trouble in all different environments Wink

1) Is your ISO an official Windows 10 ISO ?

2) what is the name of your ISO ?

3) Could you please check in this folder : "..\WinReducerEX100\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer\sources" if there is a file named : "EI.CFG" ?

4) To force the windows install with the generic key you need to go in EX-100 : "Unattended" tab then copy/paste the generic key to the text field named "Serial Number"

more_horiz
not sure is an official iso (it was given to me by a friend, so i think it's not official) but i can try to download a new one directly from microsoft

it's named Win10AIO (an all in one pack) 

in the folder ther isn't the ei.cfg file

I'll try the 4 step and i try to find an other iso 

thanks

more_horiz
To download an official iso, you may try to use the first link in this thread :

Wink

more_horiz
thank you tomorrow i'll try all and then i'll post you back ;-)

more_horiz
I tried to add the serial number (exactly like you give me with all - ) but nothing change... now i'm downloading the original iso from tb.rg-adguard ;-)

more_horiz
Hi i have downloaded a new iso and now it works ^^
Thank you very much for you support

But the executable that i added to the process will be automatically installed or i have to do something? because once installed the os i didn't find the program already installed (they are in the loadable usb in the WinReducerEX100PI folder)
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum