The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionwindows "settings page" gone Emptywindows "settings page" gone

more_horiz
Hi:

I'm experimenting for a slim version of Windows 10 Home. But no matter what settings I choose, the settings page in the installed OS under vmware which includes windows update is gone. I have also noticed that the "display settings" and "personalize" buttons when you right click on the desktop are gone.

I'm using the following files/presets

presets

following are checked "on"

important files
MS office
Sysrep
Vmware
Windows activation gui
windows features
windows update

Remover

Modern UI Apps

check all

Based on Win10_1803_English_x64.iso

Using winreducer ex-100 - v.1.9.22.0

any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!

descriptionwindows "settings page" gone EmptyRe: windows "settings page" gone

more_horiz
Hello and welcome Smile

This is not a bug ... this is a normal behavior because you removed "Immersive CPL" (= old "Settings" name) in the "Modern UI Apps" tab.

I encourage to do not remove these components :
- "Modern UI Apps - Framework (Input Text Services)"
- "Modern UI Apps - Framework (.NET Native)"
- "Modern UI Apps - Framework (Visual C++ Runtime)"
- "Modern UI Apps - Immersive Control Panel"

You need all these components to keep "Settings" correctly working .... with "display settings" and "personalize" available in the desktop right click context menu Wink

I wish you to have a great day !

more_horiz
Just for the record, if you want to hide some "Settings" pages, you may try to use the "Settings" tab in "Remover" Wink

more_horiz
Merci beacoup for the fast response! I unchecked what you had suggested. Now that I know I will have the settings back I'm getting a bit greedy. Are there any settings that I just shouldn't touch?

more_horiz
You are welcome, merci Wink

To correctly begin with EX-100, here are some advices :
- Execute a Windows reducing using the method I named "steps by steps" : remove all components you do not need in one specific category, then test your ISO ... if everything is working for your needs ... then continue to remove more components in another category ... test your ISO ... and so on. You will save time to easily identify a component which is required for your own need or software you want to use
- Do not use all "Optimizations" category components for the moment (except "ISO Creator" thought)

If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask your questions Smile

I wish you to have a great day !

EDIT : Topic moved to help forum !
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum