The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem Empty[SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem

more_horiz
If anyone has any idea of what I might be removing that breaks the "open with" functionality

WCCF

description[SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem

more_horiz
Hello,

I'm investigating 2 components about this issue, which is a bug with RS4 :
- "Accessories - Paint"
- "Accessories - UIRibbon Software Compatibility"

I will let you know about the fix.

PS : Topic moved to "BUGS" part

description[SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem EmptyRe: [SOLVED] [v1.9.20.1 - 1803 x64] open with problem

more_horiz
Hello,

I investigated this issue, during the last days ... and unfortunately, I discovered a Windows 10 RS4 bug.

This is how to reproduce it :
- use a non-modified Windows 10 RS4 ISO
- click in the right context menu on "Open with" to open a txt file (for example)
- select "Choose another app"
- then choose the "Other Options" app list = you should see a list of software to be used to open the txt file, select "wordpad" and click "OK" : this opens your txt file in wordpad
==> for the moment this is working as intended Wink

Now, if you disable all available software from the "Other Options" app list (using "NoOpenWith" registry tweak) ... so this leaves the "Other Options" app list blank ... and you will experience the bug described by dim = the "Other Options" app list option is inactive and you are not able to use the "choose another software in your pc" option to choose your own software to open the txt file.

I remember you that this bug is reproducible with a non-modified RS4 ISO ! (also reproducible in both virtual or physical environments)

So, if the Microsoft Team reads this and need more information about this, I will be happy to provide more detailed information ... but also if an insider program user may report this bug, this should be also very great that MS solves this issue Smile

I wish you all a very great day !

EDIT : RS3 is also affected by the same MS bug !

more_horiz
winterstorm2050 wrote:
Hello,

I investigated this issue, during the last days ... and unfortunately, I discovered a Windows 10 RS4 bug.

This is how to reproduce it :
- use a non-modified Windows 10 RS4 ISO
- click in the right context menu on "Open with" to open a txt file (for example)
- select "Choose another app"
- then choose the "Other Options" app list = you should see a list of software to be used to open the txt file, select "wordpad" and click "OK" : this opens your txt file in wordpad
==> for the moment this is working as intended Wink

Now, if you disable all available software from the "Other Options" app list (using "NoOpenWith" registry tweak) ... so this leaves the "Other Options" app list blank ... and you will experience the bug described by dim = the "Other Options" app list option is inactive and you are not able to use the "choose another software in your pc" option to choose your own software to open the txt file.

I remember you that this bug is reproducible with a non-modified RS4 ISO ! (also reproducible in both virtual or physical environments)

So, if the Microsoft Team reads this and need more information about this, I will be happy to provide more detailed information ... but also if an insider program user may report this bug, this should be also very great that MS solves this issue Smile

I wish you all a very great day !

EDIT : RS3 is also affected by the same MS bug !

I opened this related issue before I saw this, but after reading your description it seems I have a different problem (but probably related because it's also an Open With bug).
Perhaps you can add my symptoms to your tests?

more_horiz
Hello,

I describe the RS5 behavior in this post :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wink
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum