The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] windows updates catalog  Empty[ANSWERED] windows updates catalog

more_horiz
Never used this function and I am only guessing that it is somehow slipstreaming updates in to the iso
but i wonder if I can have the certain updates that I need through the catalog embeded like this, and stillĀ 
having the Windows Updates feature removed from the final iso.

And if this is working for winreducer 7 also.

description[ANSWERED] windows updates catalog  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] windows updates catalog

more_horiz
Hi Dim,

yes you can slipstream in this way windows updates and also remove windows
update service. But you will not be able to install new updates from inside windows.

description[ANSWERED] windows updates catalog  EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] windows updates catalog

more_horiz
Thank you for the response
I don't mind updates at all. I also hope to get rid of winsxs too, but I am sure I can since the Updates feature isn't needed.

more_horiz
If you mean winsxs folder cleanup (install.wim) be careful because it breaks not only windows updates but also windows features and various other stuff. You can see the description if you hover the cursor over this component in winreducer.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum