The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

descriptionFolder is Incorrect  EmptyFolder is Incorrect

more_horiz
Whenever try to extract an iso myself either with 7zip or wimlib's wimapply, to a folder
I always get this error from Winreducer, no matter which version I may use.  
I wonder what is that I am doing wrong.

descriptionFolder is Incorrect  EmptyRe: Folder is Incorrect

more_horiz
Hello dim Smile

To avoid impact of common troubles during customizing your iso, WinReducer checks your folder path name and length : if it detects space characters or a too long path length it will inform you.

Just for information, when do you have this error : at startup or during mounting process ?

more_horiz
hi dim,

could it be that you extract your iso manually and than start winreducer, choose FOLDER and just hit OK or Enter? if yes it could be that the right folder is not choses like i mentioned here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

more_horiz
no spaces, no long folder names, no multiple folder nesting, just a simple c:\extracted\
the error appears right from the start, not during the mounting process.

I wonder what reducer needs to see. 
If it's a standard iso structure with boot\ sources\ with an install.wim that needs to be there.
Or if it can be a folder where the install.wim have already been extracted to the usual windows folder tree.
At any case, i get the error in both scenarios.

KRX
I am having hard time to understand what you're trying to say.
The moment the simple folder C:\extracted\ is chosen through winreducer, the error appears immediately.

more_horiz
hi i tried it and extracted manually my iso to c:\extracted and selected at winreducer FOLDER and choose this folder, no problem with version 1.9.16.1 (VIP)

did you try usind winreducer to extract your ISO ? do you get the same error?

more_horiz
I get the error when manually extracting an Iso. Either 7zip, or WimLib.
Reducer extracts and mounts automatically without problems.

more_horiz
ok, and did you try to extract it to the winreducer folder? maybe the problem is that you want to use it from c:\extracted ?

more_horiz
WimApply C:\Temp\Install,esd 1 C:\WinReducer10\WORK\EXTRACT\ExtractedByWinReducer
WinReducer: folder is incorrect

Log:

***** 18 May 18 15:50:16 - SESSION OPENED *****
INFO : WinReducer ---> EX-100 [v1.9.16.0 (x64)]
***** 18 May 18 15:51:05 - SESSION CLOSED *****

more_horiz
I am receiving this same message "This folder is incorrect" in version 2.9.9.0 when manually trying to point Net Framework 3.5 path ONLY in Win10_20H2  and  Win10_20H2_v2 isos.... I can work normally with Win10_19H2_1909 and Win10_20H1_2004 isos.
I don't think it can be  the case of space character or something in the folders names as it is working fine with 19H1 and 20H1 . I tested copying  netfx3 files from the INTEGRATE folder to C:\,  pointing winreducer net framework path to C and the same error keeps appearing.
How can I fix it?
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum