The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100  1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free Empty [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100 1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free

more_horiz
Removing Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free.
Not is possible start Avast Antivirus and the taskbar icon is removed.

description [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100  1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100 1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free

more_horiz
Hello,
this report is old, does this problem still happen?
If there is no new info, or no other gut this problem, i will close this bug report on the end of the week.

description [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100  1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free EmptyRe: [SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100 1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free

more_horiz
Unfortunately this seems to be still valid for version 3.0.5.0 with Windows 10 21H2 (19044.1379). There seems to be at least a missing "query.dll".

[SOLVED] WinReducer EX-100  1.9.12.0 Accessories Windows Search Plain Text Filter break Avast Antivirus Free Avast10

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
hi markus,

if you copy the query.dll from an working iso -> install.wim  to Windows\System32\ 
does that solve it?

more_horiz
Hi KrX and Winterstorm,

there are two query.dll's in Windows. If you leave the one found in C:\Windows\System32\* (or copy the querry.dll) back into the folder then Avast is working just fine! Smile

Best regards,
Markus

more_horiz
Hello guys Smile

I separated a long time ago the "Accessories - Windows Search Filters" components in order to provide a more efficient way to select only the required functionality you need ... for example, for my usage I need to keep "Accessories - Windows Search (Plain Text Filter)" (which contains the "querry.dll" files you mentioned) to get "UltraFileSearch" fully functional (I removed "Windows Search") ... otherwise it does not work Wink

So, no need to manually restore the files, just keep the "Accessories - Windows Search (Plain Text Filter)" component and you will get the same result Wink

cheers

more_horiz
Ok, thank you very much for the clarification. Maybe we should add a notice into the description text that this is neede for some serch utilities and Avast?!

Best regards,
Markus
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum