The WinReducer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The WinReducer ForumLog in

FORUM

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings Empty[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings

more_horiz
When I leave on Protect Sysprep some services that I set up to remove as Diagnostic Policy Services and Diagnostic Tracking Service return to the default.

And when I leave on Protect VMware the Windows Error Reporting Service that goes back to the default.

Is this by design or is it a bug? To test I save a .wccf and load it again.

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings

more_horiz
Hello,

Yes this is the correct behavior, because if you protect a functionality ... the dependent components are protected ... in other words they can't be removed Wink

All "Presets - Protect" options have the priority over all other components including "Automatic Removing".

Thank you very much for asking this, I am sure this will help other users Smile

I wish you to have a nice day !

description[ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings EmptyRe: [ANSWERED] [EX-100 - v1.9.12.0] Some Protect Presets undo Services settings

more_horiz
Thank you Smile

It is good to know this behavior so I can use the program better.

Several other Protect presets have similar behavior but I figured it would be normal by the nature of the presets I was just in doubt with those 2.
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum